It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 01 Jan 2022, 12:09 

Hello
Shortly before xmas i ordered a rubbish skip with the intention of chucking out all the many pieces of rubbish and tvs / electronics etc that me and my elderly dad had collected and hoarded these last 40 odd years.
whilst sorting through our sheds i came across a purchase we made back in the early 80s, i remember it well as i was a punk rocker and i came home to find a great big piece of electronic hardware blocking up the dinner table.
My dad was fuming because he thought he had been ripped off by a tv engineer, dad was having a television aerial installed on the roof and was talking to engineer about new invention of vhs tape recorders. He showed dad many boxes of vhs video recorders he had for customers in his van.
dad decided to buy one as the guy was giving him the hard sell.
so it turns out the guy sold him a philips laservision vlp700, of course it was no use to us as i had been telling him about vhs or beta video recorders, we duly put the laser vision in the spare room and bought a vhs recorder instead.
the phillips lvp moved from bedroom to under the stairs, then out to spare garage and it was uncovered with the rest of the crap before xmas.
This player still has its original box and the plastic packaging pieces, the transit screw is still in place and so far it never has had plug installed so not played.
It has remote control and user manual / electrical schematic and other bits of paper.
I worry about what to do with it now, it obviously hasn't been tested so selling it could quickly kill someone, we have no discs for it and no clue really about its actual journey to us.
I have taken some pictures of it if anybody would like to see it, the box is of course tatty but its original.
i guess it may be used for spare parts but that seems a shame really.
Happy new year folks
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]