It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Hello, LDDB
Posted: 12 Feb 2022, 05:48 

Hello, everyone. I am a new user from Canada. 27 years old. I'm primarily a collector of Japanese video games, but recently I have caved to a fascination with laserdiscs and am testing the waters to see if it is something I want to collect long-term. I'm mostly interested in anime LDs but I also have my eye on some classic films and other oddities. Starting from scratch, I bought a Mitsubishi M-V7010 locally and ordered a couple anime box sets from Japan. Placed my first order through LDDB earlier today. I'm still getting a feel for things, but it's good to be here.

Discovering this site has been a real joy. I appreciate the simple, practical web design and quick access to information relevant to collectors. I want to thank the admin and all users who have made database contributions for their work.

See you around.

Posted: 27 Mar 2022, 21:17 

Watching some Marmalade Boy at the moment. Got the full LD set: three boxes, each with seven discs and a lovely booklet containing information on the characters, episodes, and messages from the staff. It's a great show - soft colours, loose clothing, good music...very relaxing. A great one for springtime, though we've still got snow here.

Post subject: Visual effects of rewind
Posted: 07 Jun 2022, 15:16 

I have noticed when rewinding LDs it creates some beautiful colourful visual effects. The rewind goes so quickly that it's difficult to appreciate without recording it and then taking individuals frames from the recording. I'm curious, are these effects consistent between players?

https://e.snmc.io/i/fullres/w/9efc6e21a890cbd108b63fac40c5ad79/10004179

Posted: 21 Jun 2022, 22:02 

gypsy wrote:
So uh, then yen is way down which means yaj auction time.

Very jealous of that SaGa DS. Hoping we get a new SaGa game soon. Remasters are nice, but Kawazu isn't getting any younger.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]