It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 09 Mar 2022, 06:03 

That is just an identifier for a coil in power supply.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-M301] No Power On!
Posted: 30 Aug 2022, 03:23 

Is that PCB burn-in where the AC cord comes in?

Check all secondary legs for voltage. If there is none, check primary legs indicated by the two arrows. The other legs should not be connected. If you have voltage there, unplug it and check continuity from the arrow on the right in the photo to the leg next to it with no solder mask. That should show continuity. If it does not, check the additional leg on the end.

If there is no continuity to one of the legs with no solder mask and there is primary voltage with no secondary, I'd assume the thermal fuse has melted. The safest check for that is to remove the transformer and jump the leg and see if you get secondary voltage. If so, you need to then find out why the fuse melted in the first place.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-M301] No Power On!
Posted: 06 Sep 2022, 16:20 

do I need to use any kind of protection device for the transformer, I want to see if I got any kind of voltage from the secondary legs.

When you tell me about the thermal fuse, this is inside the transformer?
You need protection for yourself, but there is a lot of information out there on how to test transformers.

A lot of the schematics around this era show the fuse connects primary leg 5 to 6. You can see what are likely the legs of it in your photo. You probably will not be able to replace it since it is within the transformer, and jumping the fuse is a fire hazard .

Assuming a thermal fuse melted, you need to find out what caused it.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]