It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: New to LD
Posted: 01 May 2022, 02:23 

Hello all, I'm crashoveride

Mainly interested in Laserdisc because I have a CRT (KV-20FV12 Trinitron), and was always interested in how good LD was in action.

Additionally, I have a vested interest in many films' original audio mixes which often are left on LD only, or special features such as isolated scores or M&E tracks which are not brought over to BD.

I'm currently trying to buy a player at a good price (mainly one with a digital optical/coax out for easy digital track transfer)

I've read good things about the CLD-D703, so hopefully I can find one soon

Posted: 18 May 2022, 12:58 

I just posted that more or less to archive it since I had both desoldered. They might look similar, but the transformers are different. The world probably won't end if you test it on 120V, but I personally would not run it on anything other than 100V.
Yeah, I think once I get it working I'll buy a stepdown

Posted: 22 May 2022, 22:00 

Just submitted marks for those two boxes, thank you!

Posted: 06 Jun 2022, 17:52 

Update: through sheer luck someone else was having the same issue as me with a similar model, and sent a less damaged gear to LaserParts. He has just finished modelling the gear, and is currently doing print tests

Posted: 14 Jul 2022, 00:19 

IMO risky because many sellers rip from yahoo auctions listings but mark up the price by hundreds. If you want to buy a player from Japan I'd suggest something like Zenmarket with Yahoo auctions, they pack very well

Posted: 22 Sep 2022, 16:13 

Just for the record, fireproof makes them; his website: https://www.laserparts.net/

Post subject: Re: What is CX?
Posted: 03 Nov 2022, 16:29 

On most players, disc with a signal to auto turn on CX will lock it on, preventing it from being turned off

CX lowers noise for better audio quality, yes

Posted: 22 Nov 2022, 16:08 

Additionally, some players require 8" discs due to the pots being below where a 12" would fit

For the record, X player's service manual should be the go-to for what test disc you really need

From what I've seen, GGV1069 is considered the most "compatible", but as rein-o said quite a few players were meant for a specific disc in mind

Posted: 05 Dec 2022, 01:02 

The only players that require that adapter are 80s units; a new player like the DVLs should not need it
This is a really basic guess but have you ever replaced the belt? If not perhaps you could give that a shot; perhaps the belt is getting old and is not providing enough strength to clamp the Single properly
Others probably know a lot more than me on this subject

Post subject: Re: CS-450 Genlock question
Posted: 14 Dec 2022, 21:51 

Updating this: after some testing with mspaint I found that the CS-450 stops removing the outline at around luma 80 on the color wheel; changed my scripts to use that color as a outline and it's much easier to read now
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]