It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 18 Apr 2022, 01:42 

This is used in a ton of models: CLD-D406, CLD-D504+, CLD-D604+, CLD-59, CLD-R7G, CLD-D925 and many more.

I had to tear one of these down to swap "Tilt Base (Under)" VNL1670. What frequently happens is the plastic that holds the back end of Side A rail will snap off the base. I never can get it glued back correctly (it is probably possible, but I'm not good with stuff like that). I ran out of functioning mechs to just swap in, so I had to just replace VNL1670 in the player I was repairing. This assumes you have already removed the mech via the four screws holding it to the chassis. Additionally you will need an oscilloscope to properly step through the adjustments after reassembly. If you do not have one, take a photo of Side A centering adjustment before attempting this.

Disconnect switchboard wiring from back right of side turn.
TB1.jpeg

Unscrew the two screws holding in the CD Plate and disconnect the spring.
TB2.jpeg

Disconnect the black spring and then the silver spring. Unscrew single screw holding in the switchboard and carefully bend back the plastic hooks holding it in.
TB3.jpeg

Disconnect this third spring. Below it, the white tilt cam must be turned via pulley with loading belt around it so that cam is flat against the black plastic piece. (The tilt cam in the photo needs to be turned to the right.)
TB4.jpeg

Unwind switchboard wiring and turn Side A centering "screw" so that the D shape has its curve side facing outwards. (Opposite as shown in photo.)
TB5.jpeg

The upper tilt base should now slide over so it can be lifted up.

Posted: 04 May 2022, 01:49 

You will need a Pioneer GGV disc or an equivalent Sony/Yamaha/etc disc for the vertical bar pattern to ensure there is no crosstalk.

I made the image below:
115.jpg

Top left shows a clean frame 114.
Top center shows a clean frame 115.
Top right shows a clean frame 116.

Bottom left shows frame 115 with crosstalk from frame 114.
Bottom center shows frame 115 with crosstalk from frames 114 and 116.
Bottom right shows frame 115 with crosstalk from frame 116.

Without three successive frames (114, 115, 116) of the black bar moving from left to center to right, there is no clear way to see how much noise is being picked up from the adjacent tracks (crosstalk).

Crosstalk is generally misunderstood as just being some blatantly visible herringbone pattern at the end of a disc, but slight crosstalk is not clearly evident. It can even be difficult to see with the vertical bar pattern, which is why the display must be set to produce the noisiest picture possible.

Posted: 05 May 2022, 00:43 

The adjustments section in SM's provide a minuscule amount of context.

It makes sense to check this pattern at the beginning of the disc because the tilt servo engages further as the disc is read. I do not know why 115 was specifically chosen when there are a couple before it and the picture stop is on 475.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]