It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 27 Jun 2020, 14:11 

I saw that thing in a Jackie Cha movie from the end of the 90s. It was a virtual fish tank so I am sure it must have been this very product. I will get a disc myself. I thought there were only a couple of them
but there were 50 in total ? So a lot of them are not on the database ?

@museld: I found the movie !!!

It is Under Control released in 1999.

Just have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKp2kRFPyU

Go to 1:55 minutes !

Maybe I am wrong but it looks like one of those NEC Fish Club devices.

NEC Fish Club - Hi-Vision - Jackie Chan - Under Control 1999 (1).jpg

NEC Fish Club - Hi-Vision - Jackie Chan - Under Control 1999 (2).jpg

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: SONY HDL-2000
Posted: 18 Nov 2021, 06:53 

Sold as junk, but here's one for sale right now in case someone wants to burn some money :)

JPY 85,000 for a junk/tray does not open and no disc coming along...

I think the previous one sold for a few JPY 1,000's but if you don't have the discs, it's a very expensive brick!

Julien

I own two & posted the video above. It's easy to fix the tray issue; the loading belt on these units are all stretched out and it may have aged lubricant. Re-lube the tray and pop on a new belt and you're good to go.

Also, unlike what the seller seems to imply, these are not backwards compatible with standard LDs.

Compatible HDVS discs are hard enough to get, but the real problem, like all Sony LaserDisc equipment, is reliability. Many of these have many, many hours from being run in continuous loops for shows, presentations, and R&D. Both of mine had problems. One has a burnt out laser and the other has a bad board. Service manuals are discontinued/unavailable from Sony. I was able to get one of mine working by mixing & matching parts.

HDVS is an investment.

Added here for the specs (and pics to follow)

Sony HDL-2000

Julien

I added additional information.

Let me know if there is anything else you could use.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]