It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 03:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 7 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 17 Nov 2022, 07:15 

I was fortunate to purchase this disc awhile back for about $30.00

Posted: 17 Nov 2022, 16:13 

This is what is on the disc: http://www.blamld.com/DiscoVision/Test/0912.htm?fbclid=IwAR0gliG9UyWY6y_p97skDOUkiSATrnDmTY9Wdh5unvSVtwj4aYtV-54EOBU and the LDDB entry is here: MCA DiscoVision 1977 Demo (1977) [D-103]

It is a single platter flexible disc opposed to two discs glued together. The video has degenerated some but still plays back.

Posted: 18 Nov 2022, 05:50 

So these thin discs will play in regular players, I'm assuming that take CDs since they are thin also.
I've never had a thin demo so that's why I ask.
I think that the true test is if players play "LD Singles" as those are extremely thin as well

Only players from the era of the CLD-3030 and before can't play those without an adapter, afaik

Even with using trying to weight down the disc with older players I am unable to play but works with players I own from the 90’s.

Posted: 18 Nov 2022, 05:54 

Now I realize why the Universal Pioneer logo looked like this: Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 3.34.17 PM.png It's the old DiscoVision logo, with the pioneer emblem inside

Nice find. Not sure I’ve ever noticed that specific Pioneer logo but see how it appears to be designed off the old DiscoVision one. I can upload the video soon if anyone would like to see. The content isn’t too exciting but cool for the history l. I believe this was the first demo disc shown to the public but I have been unable to find any info on the Washington DC event.

Posted: 18 Nov 2022, 07:03 

I’ll work on getting it uploaded when I get a chance and can also take some video footage of the disc itself.

Posted: 13 Dec 2022, 17:16 

Well, I posted in the VHD forum ;)

It’s all good. Thanks for trying to help.

rein-o wrote:
Oh I'm sorry I didn't see this was a VHD, these have been out of production for over 4 decades and there are no known player repair personal that I know of.

I didn't read and thought you were asking about LDs.

Posted: 18 Feb 2023, 07:44 

When in surround sound the FM transmitter (FM ON AIR) is enabled and transmits by connecting an antenna to the back of the unit. A disc can be in Dolby Surround or you can optionally enable a pseudo surround mode with stereo sources. There is a small knob on the back of the unit next to the antenna output to select the output frequency. You can than use a tuner behind the seating position for the surround channels as an option opposed to using the RCA surround outputs on the back.

Modified the Hardware database today a little to add:

AHD compatibility checkbox for VHD
Mini-jack 3D glasses control output on Victor 3D players (other brands had a RCA plug sometimes)

Ex: Victor/JVC HD-9500

Now, does someone know how the FM antenna output and the "FM ON AIR" mode was supposed to work on VHD players with Dolby Surround players?

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 7 matches ]