It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Cleaning a CLD-959
Posted: 28 Apr 2023, 05:34 

For your first picture there originally was a foam pad in the cavity and what you see is what is left after it was removed or was removed. What you are showing looks fine. I'd just plug it in and see if it works.

Post subject: Re: Cleaning a CLD-959
Posted: 29 Apr 2023, 20:06 

But now he's asking questions, should have figured that out before he opened it :lol:

I took my car belt off what do I do next. :wtf: :lol: :wtf: :lol: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

How do you expect anyone to familiarize themselves w/ how an LD player works if they never open it up? Regardless if the OP has no experience working on these machines, eventually he/she will have to open it for basis maintenance as one can't expect an extinct repair shop to help them out.

As for the OP, keep it simple when working on this machine since you are new to it. For cobwebs, just lift it out with your finger. For general dust, I would use a lint free cloth to wipe it away (never use cleaning chemicals) or just leave it as it won't harm the player. If the player is working fine @ the moment, no need to do more if it risks damaging the unit. Enjoy it for now and worry about real maintenance later.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-959] Cleaning
Posted: 08 May 2023, 17:41 

I'm in the side that if its working don't mess with it.

Since you opened and found some oddball stuff and no floating screws or discs or CDs then you are pretty much fine.
I wouldn't open it again until you have an issue.

Hope you enjoy laserdiscs.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]