It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 13 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-d505
Posted: 14 Jul 2022, 06:21 

Read this posting....

[CLD-D505] No Power / Standby

It appears to cover everything you're seeking.

Posted: 14 Jul 2022, 19:58 

I personally have not had to what you need to do but I assume you gently move the laser pick-up to its standby position with your fingers (don’t move it too fast as it could potentially damage the gears or motor holder). The standby position should be approximately at where the laser would read the most inner track of an LD (not CD).

Then you need to turn the gear on the left front where the loading belt is located and notice if the pick up assembly starts to raise depending on the direction you turn the gear.

https://i.vgy.me/0ksK7n.jpg

Posted: 15 Jul 2022, 01:50 

Did you check the diode in both directions?

You should get one reading as infinity and the other with some kind of number.

Any yes, certain things can blow and your fuses can still be intact. A fuse is really a last ditch protection to protect the rest of the circuit and sometimes they will continue to blow after being replaced because something else still got through.

Posted: 15 Jul 2022, 05:21 

It does sound like your diode is bad.

If not sure, just remove it and see what happens. If it works, I think you just lose ARC suppression until you replace the diode later.

Posted: 15 Jul 2022, 23:49 

D105 is a SIDAC. No need to remove it if fuse is not blown.

Unplug everything that connects to power supply except AC power cord. Pin 5 of output should be +5VDC which is basically positive leg of C225. If there is voltage, need to check the front board the display is on.

Posted: 16 Jul 2022, 04:14 

With power unplugged check IC211 for continuity. If there is continuity, I'd say there is a fair chance C120 dried up.

Posted: 17 Jul 2022, 20:42 

At the very least, de-solder it and check again. Capacitance mode on a DMM or an ESR meter can provide clearer indication of failure.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D505] No power
Posted: 20 Jul 2022, 02:14 

That spot near J224 should not connect. R102 would be a very high value resistor.

Start with the secondary side. On a safety note: power supplies can be dangerous to work on, particularly malfunctioning ones. When in doubt, look up proper safety information.

If there is no voltage before or after D204, the issue should be on the primary side.

Posted: 20 Jul 2022, 03:34 

Voltage is rectified at D101, so everything downstream of that is DC. When diagnosing an issue like this, everything should be unplugged from the power supply except the AC power cord going in. The primary side is high voltage.

Posted: 22 Jul 2022, 22:32 

CLD-D605, CLD-D606, and CLD-D406 use similar supplies

Posted: 24 Jul 2022, 05:49 

There is the optical isolator, resistors, transistors, etc used in the pulse control circuit on the primary side, it does not have to be a capacitor.

Posted: 25 Jul 2022, 02:50 

Doing all this would be good if this was a linear power supply.

This is a switching power supply and you need an oscilloscope to see if the switching control issues any pulses to control the power supply primary sending voltage to the secondary. You need to read up on switching power supply theory or just swapping out parts until it starts working.

Posted: 25 Jul 2022, 14:52 

drhoeh wrote:
Also I removed the 1uf capacitor out C120 and tested it. I got .91uf, are the tolerances that specific?

No. Vast majority +-20%

D101 should not be outputting 0VDC.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 13 matches ]