It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 9 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 30 Aug 2017, 17:14 

it pretty much is. it's beneficial to give the player a good fresh relube. pop the top, expel the disc tray, and you'll have direct access to the laser sled transverse assy.

you can use WHITE LITHIUM GREASE and a light general purpose oil, though if you have affordable access to it, a Silicon-based grease is considered best.

the brass worm-drive shaft, and the guide shafts are the primary things to lubricate. GREASE for the WORM, OIL for the GUIDES;

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/PIONEER%20CLD-3030/CLD-3030JOHN9-24-131_zps3ec40a5b.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/PIONEER%20CLD-3030/CLD-3030JOHN9-24-132_zps746458ec.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/PIONEER%20CLD-3030/CLD-3030JOHN9-24-133_zps9c92bff4.jpg

this alone should correct most, if not all playback faults. it would be best to remove the disc tray entirely, to grease the gearwork underneath,
but that is not essential, and the timing gear for the tray drive shaft must be aligned properly with the tray's teeth track to be properly reassembled...

Posted: 26 Jan 2018, 09:05 

So far the item I put in cart at 9:30am is still there more than 6 hours later.

Reason good enough for hope? :-)

Julien

Post subject: Re: CLD-97 PEB1013
Posted: 23 Jun 2018, 23:40 

SCQ4.3

Posted: 22 Aug 2019, 13:39 

OK I will lose my internet access for a few days (hopefully not weeks) while moving to a new apartment in Shinjuku,

I worked hard to fill the gaps and IMDb coverage is above 60% now.
Covers are on their way to 60% as well.

And true to my word, since there is an overhead of about US$1,000 on donations , I set up 40 x $25 donations to KIVA loans with a repayment schedule between 8 and 24 months.

Feel good LDDb members, your are serving a good cause!

Julien

Posted: 05 Nov 2020, 23:40 

What may be the cause when the door hinges and needs a slight friendly push for the tray to complete the loading cycle? I have two Panasonic players (LX-1000u) that exhibit the same problem, but once in a while they close by themself. I went for the service manual but I didn't get any smarter what may be causing this, but can it be the loading belt (VDV022) for the tray that needs replacing? I cannot find a compatible belt in the PDF provided by Kurtis.

If the issue is just the door being held up (nothing to really do with the tray movement), this was actually a known issue back in the day when the machine was new.

Panasonic found the problem to be the door needing a minor shave down where it basically had some trouble clearing the tray. You should look @ this carefully to see where the hang up occurs, mark off the section, remove the door, and then use maybe a file or sanding device to shave it down (but not too much where it might deface what the door looks like from the front).

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Posted: 11 Dec 2020, 18:44 

Good eyes laserpaal!

Posted: 17 Dec 2020, 03:25 

I enjoy LD for what it is.
I think there is a group of people that really enjoy trying to min/max their setup, and then there is a group of people that just simply enjoy watching and handling these big shiny discs. I'm in the latter group. I have the really expensive players, but the majority of the time I'm watching whatever I just worked on- usually much cheaper players and it is still quite enjoyable for me.

Post subject: Re: Roach Infested CLD-3070
Posted: 30 Jan 2021, 19:17 

I use both a LED and CRT when making adjustments (this actually makes excellent use of both composite connectors on players that have two). Settings are always set to display the most noise possible (sharpness all the way up, etc).

In the photo, you can see crosstalk on both sides of the bar. It is asymmetrical.

I first adjusted VR401 (Tilt balance) on the CNNB board to make the crosstalk symmetrical and then VR2 (Focus balance) on the FTSB board to dial out as much of the crosstalk as possible. It is much better, but not perfect. I could probably make it as close to perfect as possible by adjusting the tangential angle, but if that is touched centering for both sides needs to be readjusted as well as tangential for Side B.

Restoration of CLD-3070 Special Roach Edition is complete.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 9 matches ]