It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 31 Dec 2019, 03:16 

Had the same issue with a DVL-909. Opened the cover and played the disc. Yes, the disc is warped, and it was physically touching the laser assembly. This stops the rotation of the disc (probably a failsafe), made the laser crawl back a few centimeters and started playing again.

When I put the same disc in my CLD-D925, it plays without any problem.

So I guess that the laser assembly of a 909 - which has also a laser that reads DVD, and thus needs to be closer to the disc, or is somewhat larger - has more problems with warped discs than a D925.

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 30 Jan 2022, 04:01 

These discs can be played on any (NTSC-capable) player. No worries about the thin discs warping, because of the speed required to play them they'll be flat enough... 1800 rpm will do the trick.

I remember these from way back in 1977 or 1978, when we had a large amount of these on loan from (my uncle who worked at) Philips, including a Magnavox player and an NTSC TV, combined with a converter to make it work on our 220V.

The discs on your pictures are not in their original inner sleeves, they were originally in white felt sleeves.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]