It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 04 Feb 2023, 04:45 

How is that burned to the seller ? If I sell a player I always sell it on local classifieds and with mentioning that it's pick-up only. Gets sold every time.

I think he's talking about how it's a burden to ebay sellers. That if something goes wrong in shipping and the player is either broken or not functioning properly that it hurts them in the long run because ebay will side with the buyers. Which is correct thing to do because buyers are not paying hundreds of dollars for broken equipment that was listed as working.

Post subject: Hello LD Fans
Posted: 06 Feb 2023, 16:55 

Hello
I had my first laserdisc player in about 1994, my first film was The Lawnmower Man. I upgraded to a CLD-515 later as it offered dual sided play. I moved to DVD's in 1999. I recently moved home and I still have the CLD-515 and about 25 films. I decided to set up the player and check it out. Unfortunately the tray wouldn't eject and there where some strange noises coming from inside !

A few Youtube videos later (and new belt and grease!) and I have an operational player. Picture quality has some issues which I'm hoping to be able to resolve. If all goes well I intend to leave the player permanently set up.

Looking forward to reading through the forum.

Posted: 17 Feb 2023, 23:03 

Onkyo went bankrupt last year and was brought by Sharp/PAC.
Denon i believe is its own company but has involvement with Hitachi.

Posted: 18 Feb 2023, 16:29 

No this deck can’t play Hi-MD. Onkyo indeed brought out a couple that were hi-MD compatible. I took a look at those. But they would not look right in my setup
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]