It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Mar 2024, 20:09 

-snip-

Now that you've mentioned it, it does jive with my observations, like the thing you mention about the anime that stayed on VHS due to most consumers renting instead of owning, most of the listings I've seen for those anime were on rental tapes or in rental cases and the like. Rarely did I see them in a "sale" VHS case.

With what you said about long-running/big shows often not getting LD boxsets due to their length makes it quite a miracle that Yawara! got the three LD-boxset release it did from Victor.

Thank you for answering, especially since you went on a detailed explanation of it all. I especially didn't know too much about the Gundam LD release history so hearing how the original show just barely made the cutoff point surprised me.

As for Tonde Burin, I was just more surprised that the distributor thought there was potential profit to be made with that route. In retrospect, Nippon Columbia's 90s anime output didn't seem to have any noticeable hits, besides possibly the few Tatsunoko anime remakes and... (maybe) Hyper Police and Master of Mosquiton OVA's that they released. They took a long break from handling anime releases themselves for a long while seemingly after 1999 so I guess the lack of profitability took its toll on them?

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 01:38 

signofzeta wrote:
I’ve never seen this show but I know I’ve seen this box…has it been talked about on the forum previously?

Yep, under the "Very, very late Anime boxset releases in Japan" thread.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]