It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Conan The Barbarian
Posted: 01 Aug 2023, 05:38 

Right on ...
Also felt Ralph Bakshi's FIRE & ICE was passed over like many of his iconic creations. The artwork was staggering.
Roto scope genre was leveled up due to Bakshi and his teams. LOTR is one of my favorite creations of his.
Sometimes that way with art that is ahead of its time. Takes awhile to take root with people if at all with the exception of just the devoted.....

Agreed with Clan of the Cave Bear. A buddy is a big fan of the novels and not into film however I felt like a great attempt at bringing the epoch to 2D life lol.

Gotta watch CONAN and DESTROYER again, been a few years.....

Cheers mate

Post subject: Re: Conan The Barbarian
Posted: 01 Aug 2023, 09:25 

Conan didn’t mean much to me until later in life. There were a lot of fantasy loincloth movies like that back then after all…but a while back I watched it again and I really got into the characters, particularly the way Conan and his girlfriend get along. I really buy into the idea that those two filthy idiot badasses loved each other. I feel Conan’s sorrow, for real.

Another sword swinger like that with a strong female is Hundra (1983) [98C59-6100] . This chick not only fights but fights bareback and naked. Hundra is like Red Sonja but she’s actually tough and can fight. If you’re into these kind of movies enough to have seen Beastmaster III and Circle of Iron then you should probably see Hundra.

Posted: 31 Aug 2023, 19:08 

James and the Giant Peach (1996) [7894 AS] is pretty great.

Posted: 23 Dec 2023, 05:49 

For me it's Die Hard. I have a copy of 1666-80
With my buddies, we have a small tradition. Each year we take a selfie with Bruce in the aircon duct and the lighter :)

Post subject: Re: The Sticky 3M
Posted: 31 Dec 2023, 01:05 

It means nothing. Keep spinning the discs.

Post subject: Re: The Sticky 3M
Posted: 31 Dec 2023, 20:22 

I wouldn’t feel comfortable cleaning off the stickiness. There is always that possibility that it might open up the disc to laser rot.

As Zeta said, leave it alone as it doesn’t affect playability.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]