It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 22 Mar 2021, 10:00 

Hello there.

I have a EU DVL-909 (originally Region 2 - PAL/NTSC on both laserdiscs and dvds).

If i select MENU+INITIAL+DISPLAY i get the following:

REGION:2
Ver: 1.210/8
AV1:3.31RAM

Unit powers on in NTSC. No PAL laserdisc playback allowed.

I guess this was modded back in the '90s to DVL-91 DTS-OUT + region free selectable + macrovision off.

So it behaves like a DVL-91 elite series NTSC player.

These were the mods info/guide:

[EDIT] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OC0dlO-fgunt_d3PCXbw1LJdyB_4KuOv/view

Now... the player is fine, but as you may know, it lost its PAL compatibility on the laserdiscs, which I'd like to regain for a number of reasons.

Best of all, would be to finally mod the unit with a simple A/B switch in order to be able to choose to power it on as PAL DVL-909 or NTSC DVL-91 (best of both worlds).

Unfortunately i have no info on how to revert the DTS hardware mod that was performed, because the original resistors that were removed are lost and i do not know what their values were.

Only thing i know it's they were resistors R109 and R110.

Can anyone point out a guide or just supply me with the info i need to achieve my goal?

FIRMWARE MOD: i read around on the web, that there was also a possibility of updating the firmware on these LDV players in some way. I have found no info whatsoever on how to perform such firmware updates/upgrades. Would that be an easy fix or there would be a conflict between the hardware mod and the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Long live the Laserdisc! :-)

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 17 Jul 2023, 19:45 

Hi again, is this with one particular PAL LD or does the same problem occur with other PAL discs?

no all PAL discs, I tried a lot, all sizes 12, 8 and 5 inch
Somehow the switching to PAL signal is not happening

Today I managed to test with another unit!, same model, the EAN code of both players are the same

Good unit, switch on AUTO
With no disc inserted, the unit starts up with a PAL signal and when I set the switch to NTSC the signal changes

Bad unit, switch on AUTO
With no disc inserted, the unit starts up with a NTSC signal and when I set the switch to PAL the signal does not change

It is definitely electronics related, and I am afraid this is not related to any adjustment, am I correct?

As far as I understand in my limited knowledge not that I know, of and I’m sorry I can’t offer any more assistance, hopefully one of the rather more knowledgeable guys on here will spot this soon to offer some advice of far greater benefit. In the meantime I’ll wish you the best of luck regarding solving this issue, you could of course perhaps just find yourself a nice and somewhat more reliable/less complex CLD-D925 and sell the 909 combi player on for spares or repair? ;)
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]