It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: CLD-R7G problem
Posted: 15 Dec 2023, 22:11 

You've got a playback problem with the player.
Does some problem always appear (from) at approx 27 min into the film on all 3 discs?

Something could have happened during transport when you shipped for calibration or when you got it back after?

So far my CLD-R7G still works like a charm.

Yes, Around 27 mins it starts and get worse until the laser swaps side.

I did have a friend driving the unit to the place, and pick it up and deliver it to me. So thats possible that something happned.
Feels abit safer then sending it in a package tho.

I will spend this weekend and see alot more movies. Check the discs before, check lddb if there is reported rot and clean the discs before use and try to document more closely the timings.

Sweet, hope it will work wonders many years ahead!

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 16 Dec 2023, 17:57 

It put a cd in and it works perfectly.
Tonight i will spin a LD and see if i get the same problem again.
About the motor. Ive noticed quiet abit of vibration from the player when playing the start of the disc. Can it be related to that of some sort?

What you’re experiencing there is a Laserdisc player. LDs spin their fastest at the beginning and slow down as they go on unless it’s CAV in which case it’s max speed all the way through. Only the most massive of players can hide this noise.

I watched your video and I barely see any defect so it’s hard to say what’s going on. Are all your discs from the same collection or did you get them from different places?

Also, totally unrelated, this is the first time I’ve ever see any footage from this movie and HOLY CRAP is it corny and bad! Wow! People really liked this when it came out too! Do they still like it? It seems even dumber than Kevin Costner’s Robin Hood at this point.

Thanks for the info. The player is almost total silence at the end of disc so i understand what ur saying.
The defects are mostly noticeable at the start of my video, but my camera removes almost all of the defects somehow. You can see almost like flashes with a slight decoloration in the movie, they are realy bad in real life.

Hahaha, ye the movie is pretty corny. It has its moments, especially at the start when the movie feels alot more serious and dark. I would not say that this movie is a 10/10. But ive never seen it before so i thought this would be a perfect moment. :)
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]