It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 02 Oct 2023, 14:18 

No, Julien, your assumptions have not been the selling pattern I have experienced. A great many of my cheaper and mid-range laserdiscs have sold in the past two years and there are plenty of higher-priced titles that remain unsold. I still have 275 lds that I have fairly priced in the $100 - $1,500 range, three times the number of discs within that price range that have sold. In my judgment, it would be eminently fair to extrapolate the average selling price of $34.53 I have realized thus far to the full collection of 3,818, which results in a gross value of $131,835. I originally asked for $125,000 - later reduced to $100,000 - which was quite reasonable. I am a retired accountant and have a good understanding of numbers and values. I have my faults, but I am not delusional. I always knew it was extremely unlikely that someone would have the financial means and desire to spend $125,000, or even $100,000, on a collection of laserdiscs, but in case there was such a person on this Forum, I wanted to give them the opportunity to buy, prior to my selling them one-by-one. Eric

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 04 Oct 2023, 02:54 

Even after two years of silence on my part, I still seem to rub you the wrong way, substance. I honestly don't know why that is the case. All I'm trying to do is get my collection sold.

I ignored no one's advice about the best way(s) to go about doing that. I gave due consideration to all that was said. In fact, within two months after I started this thread, I began selling my laserdiscs piecemeal, which was the predominant advice that was given to me, and which I knew all along was probably what I was going to have to do.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]