It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: MCA DiscoVision Collectors?
Posted: 04 Nov 2015, 22:24 

Do we have any serious MCA DiscoVision collectors here besides blam1 and ratkins?

After saving the collection of Charles Shishkevish from the trash back in August, I have a basement full of MCA DiscoVision LDs. I'm down to missing only the following seven titles:

1. Jacques Cousteau: The Singing Whale
2. Le Corbusier
3. Romagnolis' Table: Abruzzi Specialties (just the jacket)
4. Romagnolis' Table: Made in Milan
5. Silent Safari
6. The Solar System and The Universe: Beyond the Solar System
7. Women at Work

The past few months have been a trip!

Show us what you've got!

Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 13:24 

I was going to say outrageous but then I started doing the math and price seems reasonable if not great. Problem being who in the heck has or is going to spend that amount all at once.

Posted: 16 Aug 2021, 22:39 

There are dozens of LDDB sellers, including Julien, who can vouch for my credibility. In the past 15 years, I have purchased more than 250 laserdiscs from LDDB sellers, totaling more than $15,000. Furthermore, I have been on eBay since April 1999 with 2,712 positive feedbacks.

I am as trustworthy and as truthful as it gets. Trust me.

Eric Eide

And I am one of them - I´d vouch for you! Eric was a great person to deal with, absolut 100% correct and he spend a lot of money on our deal.
I don´t visit the forum as often as in the past, but seeing Eric sell his collection and reading the whole thread, it reminded me of myself somewhere in the future. What are we doing with this stuff ? Surely, i agree with most of you, there´s not really much money to make, we all would be happy if we get what we once invested.
Well, about the collection, I´d love to browse it and if I had enough money, I´d buy if, so the hunt for several nearly impossible to get LDs would be over in a second. But well, I hope that you find someone willing to pay what you ask for, though I don´t believe you will. It´d be cool to hear from you when you sold it, good luck!
PS: But what interests me maybe more - was it a hard for you to finally part with your collection ?

Posted: 03 Oct 2023, 23:08 

Glad to see selling them is going well. In my experience the cheap discs do sell as well. Usually to people that buy several at once to bundle shipping.

tl;dr rambling about the original topic which really doesn't matter since the inevitable of selling individually happened.

The problem was always that the only interested buyers in a lot of that magnitude are resellers. No reseller would pay even the $100,000 on a gross value lot of $131,835. By the time you factor in selling fees and shipping there might not even be meat on the bone at a $100,000 buy-in let alone all the time and effort required to sell. That's 75%, not even the most aggressive resale markets with thin margins do that. The highest I've seen is MTG cards where the big dog stores will pay pretty damn well. Video games you would be fortunate to get 40% cash from most places though I could direct anyone to some better options. Most used media ie DVDs/BDs you will get 20% or worse and no store will take LDs of course. I actually think $50,000 would have been extremely fair to take that on and as has been shown by the selling the buyer in this scenario wouldn't have turned a profit over 2 years. We will never know but it intrigues me what a bigger seller would have offered. I would guess under $30,000. When you want maximum value it requires a lot of time and effort while also selling things individually.

Posted: 04 Oct 2023, 04:51 

Hi , well I think its great you are selling them , that way others can enjoy them like you have .
well done!!

Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 22:25 

Wow... I think I learned a lot about humanity in general reading this thread (and about the mindset of some very rude members). Glad you decided to split the sale.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]