It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Recommend a player for me?
Posted: 18 Oct 2023, 06:16 

I would like to get a player with the following attributes:
Excellent composite video
AC-3 output
Optical audio output
Double sided disc playback without flipping

I use an external 3d comb filter, so a player with legendary s-video output would be wasted on me. Recommendations for players with great composite video output are much appreciated.

Posted: 19 Oct 2023, 05:17 

Thanks for the list, I'll keep an eye out for those models. If any others with great composite quality come to mind, I'm all ears.

Is anyone on the forum selling players currently?

Posted: 19 Oct 2023, 20:06 

That's something I hadn't considered, thanks for the heads up. I have a Magnavox CDV-484 currently that I've restored and want something with better composite video, and especially auto-reverse. I can add AC-3 myself, so that's not a must. There is a great price on a working CLD-D604 nearby, but I was hoping for more of a high end player.

Posted: 20 Oct 2023, 20:21 

I ended up picking up a working CLD-D505 locally last night, it's nothing special but at least has auto-reverse. I have a lead on an LX-900U too though that would touch all my boxes after doing the ac-3 mod.

Posted: 25 Oct 2023, 09:07 

I successfully added an SPDIF transmitter (Toshiba TX179L) to the CLD-D505. Here is the method:
- Solder optical transmitter to the empty slot on the PCB beside the RCA audio out
- Add 10uF 16V capacitor to C895
- bridge W118
- bridge R8001

I drilled a hole with an impact bit and shaped it with a rotary tool

Thanks to GC8TECH for the help with this

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 05:40 

Thank you, that sounds spot on, because I can see that the gear is hanging loosely at an angle.

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 06:02 

What a relief to find that he makes a nice replacement. Thanks for the info and links!

Ordered the part!

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 16:39 

The big problem with the OEM part is that it's $75 shipped to the US.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204342143334

Posted: 29 Oct 2023, 01:42 

Got it back online with Ethan's 3D part. Thanks for the help and guidance, another player saved.

Post subject: Re: [LX-900] Blowing Fuses
Posted: 03 Nov 2023, 10:00 

Link points to a white/empty page? Fixed it

Zaxour thinks it could be a blown s2vb10 bridge rectifier (d003), since it's blowing both 9V fuses. 5V is shorted to ground in the unit too, and 5V is fed from voltage regulations fed from 9V. I'm going to desolder the rectifier and see if it's blown.

Update: the player is working again after replacing 2 caps on the 5v line
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]