It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 26 Oct 2023, 15:50 

Hi-

Tonight after fixing my CLD-D604 player (I hope), I watched Wavelength:

Wavelength (1983) [40185]

It is the -one- "regular" Hollywood movie from the 1980s (or newer) I know that has not been released on DVD or another newer format. But here are the weird parts: I put the disc in the player the normal way, and it came up on Side 2. I physically flipped it over (side 2 label up), and then it played normally ("Side A" was content of Side 1, then later it automatically played Side 2 as expected). The disc started to skip in the end credits (at the 40-minute point?), though, but a scan back and forward went to the end of the disc and back OK. However, a second normal-speed play from the 40-minute point of the uno online 45-minute side started skipping at the 41-minute point and then stopped. I ejected the disc, and its Side 1 label (which was on physical side 1) had fallen off in the player. Very strange. I have never had a disc label fall off before.

In this case, if both labels fell off, I could reattach them on their correct sides.

Now, I need to check the player to see if the side B skipping was related to the label issue or not.
Though extremely dated the film is interesting enough to keep a viewers attention but has severe pacing issues and the ending is highly predictable and underwhelming.

I was just waiting for Carradine to deliver his trademark laugh and always find myself struggling to take him seriously despite him being a terrific actor.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]