It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Hello all!
Posted: 08 Feb 2024, 21:10 

Hey all! Long time laserdisc and general dead format fan here, 27 and living my best life IG lol. I made a new account mostly because my old one has a long lost password, if anyone has NOS needles for selectavision players by the way let me know! :lol:

I keep NOT buying a player because of this issue. Wasn't there a company still making them that just stopped a few years ago? How complex are they? Any chance anyone will be able to supply new ones ever going forward?

oh boy, so, for any ced player its really a shot in the dark, it could be as easy as the belts, or loose screw making things squeak. but anything past that such as a defective armature, problem with the cogs, etc. its gonna mostly be a dead player, unless in the cogs scenario you can cad file yourself a new one. as for the needles, they are diamond tips i know that, but iirc they have some special material in them to make it conductive, and theres a few coils like a CD player so it can track correctly, so to reproduce them would be a little difficult to say the least unless you have the right manufacturing equipment. i havent heard of someone making new ones, but if they do or did lmk! its such a needed part and while mine still going, the ebay prices are extremely bonkers.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]