It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 15 May 2023, 19:51 

Hi all, just wanted to share that I'm working on reproducing the VXA2225 turntable. The VNL1684 PRC hub is already available at my site http://www.laserparts.net or by searching for the part number on eBay.

Posted: 22 Dec 2023, 03:47 

CD’s use the same laser as laserdisc, DVD’s use the other laser. Most likely spindle centering which effects both lasers.

Posted: 22 Dec 2023, 22:38 

If you have an oscilloscope, try putting the player into test mode (you can use a Harmony remote or an Android phone with an IR emitter programmed with one of the Pioneer GGF service remote models, I believe the service manual shows some other methods) then attempt some of the adjustments shown in the service manual (available on this site) using a bright screen on a CAV disc (I don't think it necessarily has to be a Pioneer test disc for most measurements, but I could be wrong).

I've had good luck getting LD playback working just by adjusting the centering and tangential measurements on my 919 using a cheap analog oscilloscope.

Posted: 23 Dec 2023, 03:46 

There is nothing to loosen. You just have to break it free. You can get it close without an oscilloscope. Don’t turn past the marks. Remember where you started in case this is not the issue.

Posted: 29 Dec 2023, 01:46 

krbahr wrote:
CD’s use the same laser as laserdisc, DVD’s use the other laser. Most likely spindle centering which effects both lasers.

Sorry I don't know why I didn't notice this post earlier.
Someone did post :thumbup:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]