It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Surfing stuff on LD...
Posted: 01 Mar 2023, 23:49 

I like surfing documentaries and I'm trying to put together a list of releases on LD. Does anyone see a title missing?

Bali High

Big Wave

Blazing Boards

Chrystal Eyes

Endless Summer

Endless Summer 2

Follow the Sun

Follow the Sun 2

Free Ride

How Zit Bradda

Rolling Thunder

Surfer Magazine

Tubular Swells

Wave of the Future

Not a subject on DiscoVision even though "Skateboarding" was. Not a documentary, but the movie Surf Ninjas was funny...

Hi hawkwind,

I'm not sure whether you wanted to include Japanese imports on your list or not. In the event that you do, have you considered "Wet Lips" (TE-D039)? It's a title that was not released in the U.S. I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a copy of it a number of years ago. I wasn't even sure exactly what it was at the time, but I just picked it up anyway, which I do on occasion when I think something might be rare and/or unusual. That certainly was the case with that particular piece! It turned out to be a short documentary on surfing. The cover picture on the LDDb listing page is from my copy, which oddly enough is a sample copy. I didn't notice this at the time I got it. I only discovered it after Julien had a discussion here about Japanese sample copies, and I spotted the small red label with the three sample Kanji characters in the upper right corner of the jacket. This does seem to be a pretty rare title, as I have never seen another copy of it in the years that have passed since I got it. Anyway, if you want to include Japanese releases, you might want to add that one to your list.

Best Regards,
David
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]