It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 217 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 23 May 2020, 04:24 

So you can just cut one of the leads so it does not make contact or cut both leads and remove it.

So Kurtis, there is no need to bridge the connection if one removes the arc suppressor all together?

The arc suppressor is normally an open circuit, an arc creates a short and shorts the power to ground blowing the fuse to protect the remainder of the unit. A bridge would create a short from power to ground.

Posted: 02 Jun 2020, 01:29 

If you replace the laser then you'll need to do an alignment for the laser to adjust the servo/tilt etc. to match the mew laser.

Posted: 06 Jun 2020, 00:35 

Looks like the laser is back in the turn mechanism. You'll have have the unit unplugged and then to put your finger in the turn mechanism finding the laser pickup movement gear and turn the movement gear and you can get it out. Now for the problem, it could be the side A/B position switch or it could be the micro switch on the laser assembly. Once you use your finger to get it back on side A and close the the spindle motor plug the unit in and turn it on and let us know what happens. If it just slowly moves back into the turn mechanism then the micro switch on the pickup would be the first thing I'd look to replace.

Posted: 21 Jun 2020, 03:32 

You need to get a schematic and find the point where the RF signal from the laser is splits out the RF signal to the analog audio decoder and follow the signal that goes the other direction to the digital processing. You probably have something like a bad capacitor in the signal path pulling the signal down or lost a voltage in the digital path. This is not a mechanical assembly issue.

Posted: 25 Jun 2020, 00:16 

Since it cannot play a CD you do not have grip ring issues. If it played CD's but had issues with LD's then the grip ring is a definite culprit.

As ldfan stated this machine should not be thrown away. People like me would buy these for parts or to refurbish. If you want a LD player this would be worth looking into getting fixed.

Posted: 01 Jul 2020, 01:34 

You need to put it in test mode and do a side A alignment. Either the pickup lenses are not operating properly for side A so the RF signal returned is too weak or the alignments mainly tile and tangential angles, or spindle motor centering are bad and need to be adjusted back into specification.

Posted: 02 Jul 2020, 19:17 

You have to remove the RPM sensor and unplug the spindle motor power from the power supply, I usually loosen the 3 screws holding the spindle motor (just loosen them, not remove) the one screw you'll either need a smaller head screwdriver, remove the pickup give rail or push sideways on the assembly to expose more of the screw. Then to remove the metal portion and the mechanical assembly from the black plastic base. That gives you the best access. With the tray out turn the gears to put the mechanical assembly in position that the tray is fully loaded, you'll see one part of the base sliding back. When it just reaches full back stop turning the gears. On one side toward the back on the base piece that moves you'll see a tab which keeps it from going back further, bend the tab back and slide the base piece back further. then you see the tabs on the metal part lined up with the holes in the base so you can lift it out. You'll need to remove the ribbon cable in back at either end and the blue/white wires on the side unplug from the main board. You'll need to turn the load gears to return the base to partially position to unhook the spindle motor wire. Now you can replace the motor, make sure you put the tab for the motor wires back in the position the current motor is in, the other positions will snap the wiring tab off. Then reverse the process.

Posted: 06 Jul 2020, 02:22 

You have to do adjustments with a CAV recorded discs as the player is continually reading the data off the disc and displaying the picture being read even when paused. With a CLV disc when you pause you get the picture stored in the TBC memory and it does not refresh so you cannot see how your adjustment visually effects the picture.

Posted: 20 Jul 2020, 07:21 

This could be spindle motor centering

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 23:30 

The screw is not meant to turn around completely. You turned it too far and you are hitting the back flat part. You have to manually move the top assembly to the other extreme and then turn the screw back around. Sometimes the top part looses alignment with the pins it slides on and you’ll have to realign those to get it to move.

Posted: 25 Jul 2020, 01:49 

The metal base is actually two pieces. The top part pivots on two metal posts which allows for the tilt operation. These posts are about 2 inches behind the spindle motor. The top part also moves side to side using the adjustment screw on the posts. The posts allow the top part to both tilt and align side to side.

Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 20:12 

You would have to get a front board from a 97/97/939/959, no other boards would work. I probably have a 97 board but the shipping would be very expensive.

As for the not playing if it is the pickup you can add the CLD-2080 and CLD-3080 to the list of players with the same pickup. If it is not the laser then maybe someday I'll have time to debug where this problem is located in the electronics. This is a common issue in the 97 with age.

Posted: 02 Aug 2020, 04:01 

I have not had time to debug the issue of not playing. Put it into test mode and see if you get some kind of picture.

Posted: 18 Aug 2020, 23:03 

Why not buy a LD only two sided player that plays side B fine. The DVL players can be fixed if this issue is at the beginning of side B. Some DVL players experience this and others work fine. It’s either the track fully engaging the pickup gear or a slight warp in the guide rod.

Posted: 21 Sep 2020, 01:47 

Could have pulled the audio board out of the 7020 and swapped it directly into the 97 and just drill the hole in the back. They are the very same audio board.

Posted: 25 Sep 2020, 00:16 

I see cold solder joints at the plug connector pin, I see possible open connections.
You need to take a small piece of wire and connect the proper points together. I would not trust the connections in the connector board.

Posted: 29 Sep 2020, 03:08 

I also send a form asking how I’m going to get the parts I need to repair and refurbish players.

Post subject: Re: CLD-99 not powering on
Posted: 03 Oct 2020, 03:39 

If the fuse is blow check the diode bridge for a short. If it is not blown then it is probably one of the two transistors in the primary side or the opto-isolator feedback.

Posted: 06 Oct 2020, 01:25 

Thank you for all comments. I think there are nothing missing from the connector. I found small clips (green circles on photo) from the black clamp. Should I open both clips to raise the black clamp before fitting the clear plastic connector of white flexible cable? After that lock clips and cable will not pop up anymore?
https://i.ibb.co/Jv2YBR3/connector.jpg

You lift the darker part up and put in the cable and then push it back down.

Posted: 06 Oct 2020, 01:33 

There are a couple stops on each side to limit how much you can move the centering side to side. I usually pus a flat blade screwdriver between the stop and the tab to slide it one way and the other stop and tab to slide it the other. I agree that if you didn't change the side A centering you shouldn't need to change this but if you did change side A centering you have to readjust side B.

Posted: 07 Oct 2020, 23:49 

If it does not have CD or LD on the display then you have issues with either the laser or the circuits driving it. If the unit can not determine what is installed it will operate as yours. I’d return it and get your money back.

If you want to get into laserdisc you need to get one from one of us from here who know if a player is working properly.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020, 00:03 

I am looking at it right now and it does indeed clamp tighter as the laser makes its way around the turntable. I will continle to look at th emotor assembly.

The clamps tightens during the turn to make sure the disc has stopped completely before loosening to the normal position and spinning in reverse direction for side b as normal operation. Does the same when going from side b to side a.

You need to verify side a and side b centering before messing with other stuff.

Posted: 17 Oct 2020, 00:59 

So I can see the laser working (shooting a red light while looking for and LD/CD) but the carriage assembly won’t move. I did find a cld-d503 locally that I was able to pull a new carriage assembly and laser pickup from. Seems to work now but the lens needs aligned. I tried adjusting the tilt (I took photos before adjusting) and when the audio is set correctly, the picture has tons of crosstalk and vice versa. So now I need to find someone in the Midwest (I’m in Iowa) that has an oscilloscope to align the laser.

Also, it looks like the original issue was a plastic piece towards the front of the player that broke? At least this wasn’t broke on the 503 I used as a donor machine (photo below).

You can leave this part out as its only function is to select between CD tray only or LD tray. With this out you always get the LD tray. If you don’t see the little spring that goes with it you’ll need to look for that.

Posted: 18 Oct 2020, 01:24 

Yes, just move the upper part to the left and right to find the two extremes where the picture starts breaking and set it between the two extremes.

Posted: 19 Oct 2020, 04:18 

Pioneer covers this adjustment in the newer pickups so you cannot adjust it. The older Pioneer players did perform this step, I believe the CLD-D702 family was the last to have access.
Page 4 of 9 [ Search found 217 matches ]