It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 217 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 00:19 

Hate to say it but this sounds more like the output from the laser is getting weak. Open up the player and see if it has a RF gain or RF level to adjust on the main circuit board. Not all players have this.

Post subject: Re: CLD-D605 problem
Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 22:58 

Normally this is due to the loading belt needing to be cleaned. Take off the top, open the tray and at the front left under the tray you'll see the loading belt. Remove and clean it and the small while pulley on the motor and see what happens.

Posted: 21 Sep 2012, 22:56 

yazorin wrote:
One reason I'm hesitant to open this puppy up is because I've read on some sites that if you play a disc while the case is open the light from your room will confuse the sensors, is that true?

Not true, open it up.

Posted: 03 Apr 2015, 04:59 

Send me an Email to kbahr -at- comcast.net. I have one

Posted: 16 Mar 2016, 03:41 

Bad power can cause the audio issue, re-cap it and you should be happy. I can always mail you a grip ring. If interested write me at kbahr@comcast.net to work out the details.

Posted: 17 Apr 2017, 21:47 

replace the load belt with a SCQ3.6 and your have a good find.

Posted: 14 Sep 2017, 00:38 

The complete assembly is VWM1170 and not available. You can send me a note or Email about this

Posted: 15 Sep 2017, 07:07 

In the US Pioneer would charge just about $160 for a new one if they had it, plus tax and shipping.

Post subject: Re: LD player for music.
Posted: 26 Sep 2017, 01:03 

The Theta units are modified to output a very stable output bitstream to a separate D/A unit. If you can notice the warmth of a multi-bit verses bitstream D/A then you need to look at the very expensive HLD-X9 or go back to a CLD-95 or my favorite Philips CDV-488. If you cannot hear the difference get a CLD-D703 or 704. The Panasonic LX-900U is also good but you have to make sure you get a good working as there are no parts available. Trying to remember which modified unit did have a an upgraded D/A board, it made have been EAD. There were three versions and one was D/A upgraded.

Posted: 29 Oct 2017, 05:31 

I can only think of two reasons, #1 the spindle motor is aging and too much friction to get it started; #2 the power supply is not supplying enough current to start the motor.

I don't think it would be #2 if it changes speed with no issues playing a CLV recorded LD or if a side change works. I would suspect a spindle motor bearing issue #1. It's a SONY so no new part are available to fix it.

Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 00:05 

I live in Virginia so grasshopper is closer. These are not fun to work on and really heavy to ship. If the laser has issues we cannot get a replacement in the U.S.

The X0 and S2 both need to be powered off correctly or the laser slider can freely slide forward or backward as you tilt the player. Your error codes relate to laser slider position and receiving a reflection from the LD back to the laser.

Post subject: Re: CLD-R7G Arrived!
Posted: 26 Nov 2017, 03:58 

I normally stay away from these conversations anymore but I thought I'd give my opinion. The only player I have not seen in the list is the DVL-H9 but I've seen the DVL-91 which is supposed to be same unit. My opinions are best on performance once I finished all adjustments for best picture performance.

If you want a player with less noise then the list about is pretty good. Comments are that if you turn off the DNR that defaults ON in the X0 it pretty much looks the same as the S2 but the X0 has the red laser that can help avoid crosstalk. Then the X0 noise levels are low enough the DNR actually makes it look really nice keeping an analog look. I've connected an S2 to my Pioneer Elite Plasma and turned on the DNR in the plasma and got close to the same look. This is really leaving out the older players like the CLD-3070 thru CLD-D702 and the LD-S1. I believe the 3070-702 would come after the 97/95 (remember the 95 was short lived as the S-Video or Y/C has a chroma verses luminance lag and the 97 corrected this). Now I've only seen one S1 and it is also low noise so it is around the 97/95/3070-702.

If you want a player with a more dynamic picture then the X9 is the best especially if you put it in HR mode but good both ways and the list needs to be completely changed with the 95/97/S2/X0 being low on the list. The DVL-91 and R7G do also crank up the sharpness with the S-Video output, the 91 composite is not cranked up, cannot remember about the R7G composite output. As I've always said if you have a quality monitor with a good power supply and the black level set properly the white smear on the S9/79/99/703/704 is not that bad but a little is there. This really tests your monitor and setup. I have never seen the issue like I've seen posted in pictures unless I turn up the brightness level on my plasma or analog test monitor. So, yes these units do have some smear but how sensitive are you to it and how does your system show it will help you decide if you want one of these. The 97/95/3070-702 have smear to a lesser degree. Sometime turn up the brightness when playing the X9 and look at the credits on a dark scene and see if you notice anything where the smear used to be.

So it really comes down to your preference and setup for you to determine what you like best. I do my repairs with the units connected directly to the monitor, no processing in between. Yes, I'm a person that prefers lower noise levels built into the design, not processed by DNR.

All these units are good units, this is really just a contest of preferences and how you use the player. I'm fine with rein-o promoting the R7G even though the 97 is my favorite as that is what he likes and if you have the same preferences as rein-o then you'll agree with him.

The key is to find the player you like and enjoy it.

Posted: 10 Jan 2018, 22:26 

I'm thinking about paint made to make concrete floors non-slippery, something that will last like the painted surface on the CDL-D406/504/505/604/etc.a nd DVL-919/909/91 players. I'm going see what I can find in a long term solution.

Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 00:49 

I've decided to try a product I bought to seal water leaks on my flat roof section, it's called "Through the ROOF". It stays flexible and it is clear. I'm not worried about these items slipping off during use as they are in contact with the disc while it is spinning. I'm more concerned with the product sticking to the disc label.

I gave up on the paint used on concrete as everything I saw dried to a hard surface with a grit texture which makes sense, don't want to be grinding grit into the labels.

BTW: the difference in height of the actual spindle motor clamp has enough difference from motor to motor that the small difference in height from 10 mil to 23 mil would be OK but I would watch it as that could be another good solution.

Posted: 03 Mar 2018, 00:01 

I believe there is a CLD-D406 repair manual in the manuals section in the website. Just lookup the laser, spindle motor, and load belt as they are the same parts used in the R7G.

Posted: 26 Mar 2018, 05:28 

Just use the CLD-99 service manual, only difference is the Adaptive filtering board which Pioneer does not publish the details for anyway and the LD spindle motor clamp piece. Items like the tray that is common with the HLD-X9 are no longer available that is common with the HLD-X9. All the adjustments for the 99 work for the S9.

Posted: 03 May 2018, 23:42 

Yes there is a way to enter service mode without the remote, the service manual will tell you how to do it. It is not the same for all units.

Posted: 06 May 2018, 01:39 

The gray M-Holder had a different part number. The VNL-1779 is the improved black one.

Posted: 22 May 2018, 04:57 

The other option that I do is to just solder the parts directly to the Audio board, that way you don't have to worry about mounting an extra board.

Hmmm... never thought about that and also curious to see how such a mod would look like. Would you have any pics to show?

Also, I would still prefer putting the parts on a separate board since I have swapped these boards into different machines and it's obvious it's much easier to move the circuit in this fashion since it's self contained.

No I don’t have any pictures, it’s different for each model. Your board would be faster to install, I just like to add directly to the board as it fits in tight spaces as in some of the older players and I never have to worry about it coming loose inside the player.

Post subject: Re: CLD-97 PEB1013
Posted: 23 Jun 2018, 23:40 

SCQ4.3

Post subject: Re: Muse Laser Pickups??
Posted: 21 Jul 2018, 22:40 

happycube wrote:
Looking at the service manual, the X9 pickup looks similar to the 99/70x pickup and the pinouts match. Has anyone seen if they work in the latter?

(if the remaining pickups were in the $100 range I'd experiment myself...)

They operate at different voltage levels, not interchangeable

Posted: 06 Aug 2018, 02:22 

Since the red light does come on the surge suppressor in the power supply is good so it is not that fix. Next is use the service manual in the manual area

http://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/DVL/DVL-919/DVL-919_RRV2045-EN_service_manual.pdf

and check the output voltages from the power supply and see what is good and what is bad. If all bad then you made need a new supply.
PM me if you get to that point.

Posted: 11 Aug 2018, 00:33 

You need to clear the blue screen noise before looking at anything else. You have an oscillating noise in your player and it will affect everything. My guess would start with a bad power supply or try re-capping all the electrolytic.

Posted: 02 Nov 2018, 04:10 

He needs to try a CD as analog audio can work with low RF levels. If cleaning the laser lens when you have it open doesn’t help then you either have a weak laser output or you have 3 Laserdiscs with laserrot.

If it cannot play a CD then the RF level is weak.

Posted: 26 Nov 2018, 05:13 

If you are having this much trouble playing CD's then either the tilt is way off or the pickup is just bad (signal getting weak). You should have found a point where all CD's played fine.
Page 1 of 9 [ Search found 217 matches ]