It is currently 25 Jun 2024, 16:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Hi All
Posted: 17 Apr 2024, 08:30 

Just joined a couple of days ago, we had a D925 many years ago (1990's), and I've been lucky to pick up a D515 and 2950 which are in the process of being cleaned and having their power supplies re-capped. you have a very informative site and I'm looking forward to learning lots and hopefully contributing.
Many Thanks
Joe

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 03 May 2024, 15:51 

Well, once I'd managed to get the front of the tray off ( thanks to a bit of give in the tray mech itself), then removal the front Panel and both right hand ( large ) PCB's; it gave me some small visual on what was going on. It seemed that something had jumped out of alignment and with the aid of a chopstick - I could gently free/lever the tray off the engagements and in a couple of stages I had it off the main mechanism. I put everything back to where it looked like it would go and I've run the tray in a couple of times; it seems to do what it should with no binding. So now its back to the PSU and see if I can clean and replace the damaged components. So not out of the woods yet - but closer to finding out whats wrong with the unit.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]