It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 12:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 26 May 2024, 19:30 

I know this is far from the original topic, but I completely acknowledge the concern. The players in existence need to be maintained and stored safely.

The truth is nevertheless, that if this hobby is to persist, it at some point needs to be passed on to the next generation. I am barely over 20 years old, and I would never intend to throw this important piece of history away. I've spent weeks saving the money, hours deliberating, and reading through post after post on here... all to get a grasp of the whole subject. In the end, I was even ready to travel 6 hours to collect one by myself, even though it did not work eventually. Now, considering the extensive cleaning I did and all the dirt that was inside – also thanks to rein-o for advising the window cleaner – I promise you it is in better hands. The real question should be whether any Japanese person would have bothered keeping this player safely stored.

I may not know much about children, but I will protect this player like my firstborn. I don't want to earn your respect and I apologize for making it sound like I take this topic lightly, for I do not. I merely wanted to share my experience and the happy feelings felt when holding this player in my hands for the first time.

In the end, if it was just some technical equipment for me to be thrown away, I would not have bothered bearing the costs and risks of import or even creating an account on here. Everybody is free to despise those who do not mind destroying LDs or hardware, but please refrain from generalizing when all I wanted was some help with properly restoring it. Thank y'all for the insights though, I do not intend to further ship any players around the world :angel:

PS: I can't stop watching and hoarding all kinds of LDs off eBay! :crazy:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]