Search found 48 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Dark Theme
Posted: 07 Oct 2020, 22:25 

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Posted: 02 Nov 2020, 10:07 

https://anidb.net/anime/1533

Souryuuden aka Legend of the Dragon Kings is a 12 episodes OVA.
Kinda matches your rough description.

Posted: 03 Nov 2020, 09:56 

I imported the japanese Blu of Angel's Egg when it came out a couple years ago, really good release
but bare-bone, the only extra is a trailer.

There are subtitles for the Patalliro movie and the "new" series, the old series has been in the process
of getting fansubbed since 10 years or so, currently at episode 44. And yes, this is really weird stuff :)

Post subject: Re: My new LD player!
Posted: 26 Jan 2021, 10:26 

Not sure if this helps, but I did see this:
On CAV discs, access to individual picture fields is possible (half a frame), giving crisp, non flickering pause and step modes.

http://home.q03.itscom.net/nsa/PioneerCLD-R7G.htm

Thanks for this, it sounds at least to my uneducated mind that is what rein-o was thinking of. The only question is....was this feature actually found on any other machine, and if so which one(s)?

The X9 has it, seeing in your signature you own an X9 and don't know about this...
unless it is implemented in a completely different way on that machine.

Post subject: Re: New to here.
Posted: 27 May 2021, 09:07 

I think the HD-DVD is not really common. Everything is common on DVD, don't forget that :P

Posted: 20 Jul 2021, 09:19 

I'm a big fan of the Virtual Trip series myself, first encountered them when HD-DVD still existed possibly around 2007 or 2008, and imported some Combo HD-DVD/DVD sets through CD Japan.
My favorite is Virtual Trip: Tokyo Twilight from the Air (2007) [PCHA-10011] although they screwed something up while filming or mastering the disc, at some point there is a big stripe on screen, I seriously thought my plasma had broken when I watched this the first time :P

I also have Virtual Trip: Hokkaido Summer: Twin Format [PCHJ-10003] and Virtual Trip: Yozakura Kyoto/Tohoku hen Cherry Blossom [PCHF-50001] and a factory sealed Virtual Trip: Snow Fantasy: Twin Format [PCHJ-10005] .

Then later I found out there are quite a bunch of interesting issues on Blu-ray, and bought those as well: Virtual Trip: Osaka / Kyoto / Kobe from the Air [PCXP-10030], Virtual Trip: Shonan ~ Izu Driving View [PCXP-10017], Virtual Trip: Tokyo Daylight from the Air [PCXP-10044], Virtual Trip: Tokyo Driving View [PCXP-10014] and finally Virtual Trip: Tokyo Shibuya underground to ground [PCXP-10032]. Should probably check if there are some interesting new releases from that series.

For LD I have something that comes close to what Virtual Trip is:
Twilight Cruising Tokyo & Yokohama (1992) [COLE-6032]
Twilight Cruising Hakodate & Sapporo (1992) [COLE-6033]
Twilight Cruising Kobe & Osaka (1992) [COLE-6034]

You should probably check those :)

Posted: 13 Feb 2022, 23:55 

Loved KOR, have the U.S. LD Box Sets, and single OVA LD's, and the japanese set of Shin Kimagure Orange Road: And Then, The Beginning of That Summer: Special Collector's Jacket (1996) [VPLV-70628] which is presented with the new modern art-style - also make sure to get your hands on this: Kimagure Orange Road: Music Version (1988) [TLL 2126] it is absolutely fantastic!!!

Posted: 25 Feb 2022, 10:14 

I've been doing it like this ever since I had LaserDisc.
If I only want to watch one side, I press "A" on the remote.
If it's side B, I insert it into the player upside down, and hit "A" as usual.
It just works :)

Post subject: Re: Squeeze LD
Posted: 05 Mar 2022, 23:50 

Does PAL+ genuinely equal = anamorphic widescreen ( squeeze LD ) ?

I have two titles in my collection ( Showgirls in German and the documentary Microcosmos ).
Microcosmos looks fantastic for a PAL LD however both titles are not anamorphic.
Where does this idea come from that all PAL+ content = anamorphic widescreen ?
However the lddb database says that they are squeeze titles but they are not. Can
anybody confirm ?

This is just a guess but...
I'm not entirely sure how PAL+ worked, but I think your display needs to support it, or you need an external PAL+ Decoder to make it work.
A really long time ago a friend had a 16:9 GRUNDIG crt that could do this, but we never had a PAL+ LD so dunno how that was supposed to look.

Posted: 28 Mar 2022, 23:05 

Watching some Marmalade Boy at the moment. Got the full LD set: three boxes, each with seven discs and a lovely booklet containing information on the characters, episodes, and messages from the staff. It's a great show - soft colours, loose clothing, good music...very relaxing. A great one for springtime, though we've still got snow here.

If you enjoy that one, you may also wanna check out "Kodomo no Omocha", or "Kodocha" for short, which is more or less you could say Marmalade Boy on massive steroids.
Enjoyed both shows a lot. Good memories. Kodocha also has two nice LD Box sets.

Posted: 19 Apr 2022, 09:39 

I have the Victor HV-MD2, and could try to take some internal photos.

Posted: 12 Aug 2022, 09:36 

Watched Nisekoi a couple years ago, it was quite entertaining.

Currently watching "King's Raid" and it is kinda boring I must admit.
I'm about half way through now and was hoping it would get better
(let it be humor or even fanservice at this point) but NOPE.

Posted: 23 Sep 2022, 23:18 

Watched a fair bit since I last posted

MADOX-01, lots of Monogatari (most recently finished Tsubasa Tiger arc), Lupin III vs. Detective Conan TV Special, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! (just season one so far, which was great), Yona of the Dawn (woefully incomplete, a shame), Oreimo, Twelve Kingdoms, Haruka Nogizaka's Secret, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? season 1 + Sword Oratoria, Orphen (original of course) and Yamato 2199.

Haven't finished everything listed yet. I would recommend Yamato 2199 strongly. This is how you do a remake. It's a high cut OVA that surpasses the original series handily. One of the biggest reasons for that imo was the decision to expand the cast.

I watched Kizumonogatari this week. Was pretty awesome. Really like what I have seen of the Monogatari franchise so far, but still have some bits left to watch.
Also watched "Uchiage Hanabi" a nice anime movie with a really nice atmosphere. Would recommend it.
Oreimo... while I have to admit I watched it all, it was so damn annoying... Kuroneko was the one thing that kept me watching I guess. :)

Post subject: Re: CS-450 Genlock question
Posted: 10 Nov 2022, 10:43 

Just change the shadow color of the font from black to example white or anything you like, then the visibility will be as good as before.
You can also increase the font size if you feel the subtitles are hard to read.

Posted: 08 Dec 2022, 09:53 

Also make sure to check your SPAM folder, just in case the sellers mail went there.

Posted: 04 Feb 2023, 23:35 

Isn't the Eject button also working as STOP when the disc is playing?

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D503] AC3RF Mod
Posted: 30 Mar 2023, 22:40 

My CLD-2850 had a 16:9 button.
The way it worked was basically like this:
On my TV I had to set format to "AUTO", if I then activated the 16:9 button on the player,
it would switch the TV into 16:9 mode. This of course only makes sense with an
anamorph squeeze disc playing, otherwise it would look rather odd.
Back in the day I tested it with SCART, never tested it with composite.
The European CLD-2850 had no s-video.
A useless feature more or less.

Posted: 08 Jun 2023, 22:33 

anidb would be my choice, but then I just look the stuff up manually and it kinda works.

Posted: 28 Oct 2023, 22:59 

Glad to see it still works after spending a long time in a box, unused.

Posted: 16 Nov 2023, 09:46 

This is a player nobody knows.
To get any advice I would make a video of the problem, so that the folks that know how to repair players can make suggestions.
Also be sure to include a view of the backside so someone could guess if this player is a clone of a certain Pioneer unit.
Good luck!

Posted: 02 Mar 2024, 10:54 

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX725 which will record and pass-through NTSC fine.
I never really gave a sh*t about its comb filter though because I also have a Crystallio 2.
On another (german) forum the Pioneer DVR-LX70D was supposedly the king of analog video,
it has a completely different input section than its smaller brother which seems to be often
overlooked as everyone is just assuming the only difference is the hard drive size.
Might be worth checking, unfortunately I never managed to grab one for a good price.

Posted: 07 Apr 2024, 00:24 

For 7:54 ~ 8:30 I have the music playing, so I suppose I have the "deleted" version, let me check further...
17:54 ~ 18:44 checks out as well, although the scene starts a bit later on the LD, maybe 10 seconds or so.
25:10 ~ 25:51 checks out as well.
Now it gets a bit trickier as the next scene is @ 1:33:00 ~ 1:36:10, so lets try the math...
First side has a total runtime of 48:30..., end credits start at around 44:30 of side 2.
The song in question is the very first to be listed.

My jacket says: UPC 013023-3381-66 ~ Spine says LD69948
Mint marks: 58-573A2-01 MADE IN USA E8180441 ~ 58-573B1-05 MADE IN USA E8220734
So it seems I do have the "updated" release, but still it has the uncleared soundtrack.
Two other users mention this in the comments of the updated version.
Yeah I would ask the seller of the disc to check. Good luck!

Posted: 18 Apr 2024, 22:54 

I never liked DVD either, but transferring them to VHS is a bit too hardcore for me.
I'd just rip them to harddisk most likely.
Page 2 of 2 [ Search found 48 matches ]