It is currently 28 Jan 2020, 12:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 11 Jun 2019, 06:06 

With a Bluray recorder can you choose between recording on mpeg-2 or mpeg-4 or whatever?

Another question; there is a BD release of Tomb raider 2001 encoded in mpeg-2, have you seen any DVD release encoded in mpeg-1 ?

Posted: 18 Dec 2019, 06:11 

My HLD-X9 is also sensitive to warping.

Even a slightly warped disc might cause video sync to get lost, audio to glitch and some weird shaking video effect to appear.

Usually after letting the disc flat under some reasonable weight for a few days, everything gets back to normal.

Julien

Posted: 31 Dec 2019, 03:16 

Had the same issue with a DVL-909. Opened the cover and played the disc. Yes, the disc is warped, and it was physically touching the laser assembly. This stops the rotation of the disc (probably a failsafe), made the laser crawl back a few centimeters and started playing again.

When I put the same disc in my CLD-D925, it plays without any problem.

So I guess that the laser assembly of a 909 - which has also a laser that reads DVD, and thus needs to be closer to the disc, or is somewhat larger - has more problems with warped discs than a D925.

Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 04:02 

Anyone have recommendations for what I should look for in a scope?
It needs to be dual-trace. I think Kurtis has recommended a TDS 210 before. I have a newer Tektronix DSO, but if you have the space for an analog one it will save you money.

Just remember you are adjusting to play 1 or 2 junk discs and then could potentially destroy your player.
Very much so.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]