It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:48

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Do we have to use paypal?
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 18:11 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I requested a sellers accounts to sell off my laser disc collection. But I have to ask and I know all of the sellers I dealt with use payapl. But do we as sellers have to use it? I sell car parts on a few sites and always used google pay when shipping parts and wanted to know If I could use that?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Do we have to use paypal?
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 21:34 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Whatever payment arrangements can be negotiated between seller and buyer I think are fine. I am happy to do PayPal and Venmo. I've even done Xoom once for a transaction in Euros. (I was the buyer in that instance.)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 02:38 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

blam1 wrote:
Whatever payment arrangements can be negotiated between seller and buyer I think are fine. I am happy to do PayPal and Venmo. I've even done Xoom once for a transaction in Euros. (I was the buyer in that instance.)

Never herd of xoom, is it use a EU thing? Ether way good to see we can use others.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2021, 08:07 
Second post
Second post

blam1 wrote:

Venmo and xoom are both paypal companies - so you're still using paypal, just with a different name :roll:

But of course you may agree any form of payment (and payment service) where both buyer and seller are happy with - this is the good part on lddb.com

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2021, 10:16 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It would be great to be able to pay with cryptocurrencies or just anything that doesn't involve PayPal, Stripe, Transferwise, Google etc.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2021, 11:54 
Site Admin
Site Admin

teddanson wrote:
It would be great to be able to pay with cryptocurrencies or just anything that doesn't involve PayPal, Stripe, Transferwise, Google etc.

It's up to the buyer and seller to agree. I used bank transfers before (SEPA), cash in an envelop or local cash payment/pick up.

But, with cryptos, if you pay and are not happy with the delivery, you can't claim anything back if the sellers stop responding.
No proof of payment except your account IDs, no customer services, no cancellation.

Julien

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 17:59 
True fan
True fan

Paypal is a b**ch since the last policy change.
If a as seller you want to refund a payment to your buyer (item not found, change of mind, anything else)... you have to pay the fees !
So, as I do not have any extra $$$ on my paypal account, I'm not able to refund anyone that send me money, even if they made a mistake (wrong currency, wrong amount, etc.)

.... I'll try to stay away from it.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 18:27 
Site Admin
Site Admin

takou wrote:
Paypal is a b**ch since the last policy change.
If a as seller you want to refund a payment to your buyer (item not found, change of mind, anything else)... you have to pay the fees !
So, as I do not have any extra $$$ on my paypal account, I'm not able to refund anyone that send me money, even if they made a mistake (wrong currency, wrong amount, etc.)

And I didn't know that when someone sent me a wrong EUR amount to an account with 0 balance.
I just pushed "refund" but the missing EUR 0.30 triggered a EUR 30 fee for taking the full amount from the linked bank account (took seven days).

Had to escalate with a case from the buyer to negotiate the fees refund and just send back the initial amount.

It took about 2 weeks to settle. The buyer was kind enough to pay AGAIN the correct amount ahead of receiving the first refund many days later.

Paypal is getting worse (and with the tanking share price this week, expect some violent survival reactions).
But I have yet to deal with a refund/claim via eBay/Payoneer. Might be just as ugly!

Julien

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 20:13 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

More justification to try something cheap and fast like Litecoin or XMR if PayPal is in a slump. Expect more fees and more policy amendments. :thumbup:

Though a major downside for using cryptocurrencies as payment is the tax implications in some territories when disposing a currency to make a payment then becomes a taxable event. :thumbdown:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]