It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:50

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Over Pricing
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2022, 05:07 
First post
First post

Tried selling here about 8 years ago then gave up at it was quite slow. Came back recently and have put a few discs up for sale. When checking the other discs that are for sale I am astounded at some of the over pricing here. So when I price mine they seem to be the cheapest on here, but I think when people see them they must think I am over stating the grading just to sell them cheaply. What is the best way to handle this and for me to actually sell something good for a fair price :?: :?
What do people think of the over pricing here :?:
Why do people put up with the over pricing :?:

Post subject: Re: Over Pricing
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2022, 08:57 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I agree. Some of the pricing is a bit wild and not for me. Factoring in the ludicrous shipping costs from the USA (where many sellers appear to be located and shipping costs not exactly their fault of course) plus subsequent taxes etc doesn't really work out well for me personally so I choose not to buy. Same with the UK now alas, thanks to Brexit. That said, for the times I have bought from LDDB I have always received items that were exactly as described.

That leaves me with the EU really. So the scope is limited. There's nothing here in New Delaware, and what little there is people want silly money for. You'd think they were selling the golden fleece.

These are Laserdiscs. Old, obsolete tat. If I wanted a copy of Forrest Gump I'd go buy it on Blu or 4K. The Laserdisc would be an afterthought, if it had something unique about it. E.g. not on DVD or better, or extras or better sound or not edited to bits (Disney censorship for example). There is some value in those in my personal opinion. Opinions and tastes differ wildly of course.

Everything else should be priced to sell accordingly.

I have a seller account and a couple of doubles I'll be putting up for sale once I figure out how the whole seller system works on LDDB. I won't be asking stupid money either. If they don't sell I don't care. Spread the joy of the hobby. You won't retire from selling obsolete media nobody wants. Instead put your efforts in to managing your personal finances and investments, look after your family and have a bloody good life. You only get one shot at it.

Let the seller worry about their overpricing. They will be the ones left with a bunch of stuff they can't sell. You just do you. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]