It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just email me!
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 11:36 
Serious fan
Serious fan

So I got PM'd on this site a while back by a guy asking that if I was interested in selling my Japanese laserdisc collection (1000 odd titles), he'd be interested. He has connections in Japan and would be able to sort out the shipping. I was not (and am not) in any hurry to sell my entire collection, but I did come up with about 40 titles that I don't need anymore. I said he could have the ones he wanted from the list of 40 for 3 pounds a disc plus shipping. He asked for a brief condition report on each title. That was cool, so I went through each titles jacket (not discs yet) and emailed the condition. He said he was interested in them all but could I give him an idea on postage costs. Even though he said that he had a guy who would organise that, I put them all into a box, lugged 35kg worth of laserdiscs to the post office and got quotes on different kinds of shipping for different combinations of numbers of discs, just in case the whole lot was just to costly to post.
I emailed him the quotes and then waited...and waited a bit more. I then emailed saying, I know the postage might be a bit much and I don't mind if you don't want to buy any of the discs but just please email me and let me know either way...That was almost a month ago. I emailed again yesterday as a last ditch effort to just get a response. I know he has received the pm but has not replied.

The whole experience reminded my of when I put a laserdisc up for auction on eBay last December. I sold the laserdisc to the highest bidder, emailed them my details to pay and then waited... after a few days, I sent a kindly reminder email and waited...after about 10 days of no responses, I pleaded in email just tell me whats happening. If you're having troubles paying or whatever just let me know...No response. After two weeks I opened an unpaid item claim. On the 16th day the buyer finally paid me with paypal but with not a single word or sentence. No sorry about the delay, or email about what had happened. On top of that, because you cant leave negative feedback to buyers, what choice did I have but to send the item promptly while wearing a 'I'd love to not send this item and then see if you email' grin.

Anyway, here's the kicker, I looked up the ebay fiasco sale just to relive the sweet memories and blow me down but the eBay non-emailer and the lddb.com non-response guy...ARE THE SAME GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same username and same first name!

Why wont you email me???!!!!

I know you haven't cost me money but you've cost me time and effort, which I wouldn't mind at all, if you just spent 30 seconds emailing me.

Also, now that I can, here's your eBay feedback: NEGATIVE: Rubbish.

Post subject: Re: Just email me!
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 22:58 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I feel your pain.

A few years ago a guy purchased a large set of films I had listed on LDDB.com that I had won with some players and didn't wish to keep.
Initially he replied very promptly asking me to send him some pictures and more info on the condition of each title.
I photographed everything and send him some detailed pics and further grading details.
He replied indicating I could proceed packing everything and invoice him.

So I proceeded to carefully pack and weigh 3 large parcels and invoice him the total but he never ever replied again, even when I reminded him.
This wasted a considerable amount of my time locating the discs, photographing them, test playing them and packaging everything.

Now I'm more organised and can find any title in my store in a few minutes.
I'll test play and check grading for anyone but I never package anything until I have received payment.
There are just too many timewasters out there who seem to get a kick out of changing their mind.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012, 02:15 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Just had a dude spend 300 bucks on 20 discs at ebay. Made him a sweet deal. 2 days later he emails me back saying cancel the items, get your fees back. I am thinking about giving him a upi or make him pay. If he gives me one negative I would protest it as he sells laserdiscs as feedback bombing and unfair feedback from competition. Sad part is like your story, had bought from me before and I could have sworn I blocked him. Did same thing before.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012, 07:23 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

What were the discs?

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012, 07:30 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

All midrange horror. Stuff like forbidden world, watchers 2, stuff like that.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012, 07:41 
Serious fan
Serious fan

The 40 odd discs I thought I organised to sell was stuff like M:I 2, 6th Day, X-Men ect... Only Joshing :)
here was the list of discs I lugged down to the post office:

pilf-1828 Dragon No obi 6
pilf-2173 Die Hard No obi 6.5
pilf-1734 Terminator 2 No obi 6.5
sf078-5300 Robocop Obi 6
sf070-1550 Akira Obi 6
pilf-2493 Evita Obi 6.5
pilf-2354 Brazil Obi 6
njel-99244 West Side Story Obi 5.5
fy073-35mg That's entertainment No obi 5.5
sf078-1445 Predator No Obi 6
pilf-2494 The Frighteners Obi 7
njwl-20008 Blade Runner Obi 6.5
08jl-70008 Blade Runner Obi 7
njwl-13177 Wyatt Earp Obi 7.5
g158f5509 2001 space odyssey No Obi 6
sf047-5334 Ghostbusters No obi 6.5
njel-01019 Dirty Harry Obi 6
sf050-5266 Taxi Driver Obi 7
Pilf-2560 JP Lost Word Obi 6.5
sf057-5387 Baron Munchausen No Obi 6.5
njl-35205 Twin Peaks No Obi 6
colm-6010-11 Wild at Heart Obi 6.5
pilf-1317 Predator 2 Obi 6
njl-99232 the Great Escape Obi 6
pilf-1417 Blues Brothers No obi 5.5
sf047-1632 Th Thing No obi 5
10jl-1079 the Shining No obi 6
sf078-0051 Dark Crystal No obi 5.5
bell-893 Bronx Tale no Obi 6.5
pilf-0003 the Doors No obi 6.5
ldt-11107 Platoon No obi 6
pilf-2155 Crimson Tide No Obi 6
pilf-1103 Back to the Future 2 NO Obi 6
bell-840 the Mask Obi 7
jvlf 59002 Leon Obi 6.5
Pilf-2652 Alien Res Obi 7
kilf-5031-32 Capricorn One Obi 7
asly-1132 English Patient Obi 6
pilf-2066 Stargate Obi 6.5
Pilf-2545 The Saint Obi 7
pilf-2651 Sphere Obi 7.5
njwl-12531 Unforgiven No obi 6.5
njl-38557 Deer Hunter No obi 7

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 04:05 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

happens all the time on ebay. I sold a few demo discs for high bucks. Appearently a lot of folks dont want to miss on exteremly rare items so bid on them and win for no matter how much, then they take long time to come up with the funds. sometimes they realise they won the auction for more then they can afford, they ask for canceling or never pay(ignoring pm's). I have one I am waiting for 1 month now. First I didnt hear from him for 10 days then after many pm's he said some family member died, he had to cancel his paypal. now its been another 2 weeks, I filed for unpaid item, he has 3 more days to pay. Maybe I will get my money from ebay or not but I definitely lost time. Its such a rare item I let go for reasonable price, somebody else could have gotten it and enjoying it now.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 04:29 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

substance wrote:
happens all the time on ebay. I sold a few demo discs for high bucks. Appearently a lot of folks dont want to miss on exteremly rare items so bid on them and win for no matter how much, then they take long time to come up with the funds. sometimes they realise they won the auction for more then they can afford, they ask for canceling or never pay(ignoring pm's). I have one I am waiting for 1 month now. First I didnt hear from him for 10 days then after many pm's he said some family member died, he had to cancel his paypal. now its been another 2 weeks, I filed for unpaid item, he has 3 more days to pay. Maybe I will get my money from ebay or not but I definitely lost time. Its such a rare item I let go for reasonable price, somebody else could have gotten it and enjoying it now.

about 8 years ago those stories worked.
dead person, sick in hospital, broken car and just plain emergency.
anyway what were the discs???

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 05:18 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

the one I am dealing with now bought 2007 Pioneer Kuro Plasma TV demo disc for $100. If you have one of these plasma sets, this one has the best video to show off.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]