It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:58

Page 1 of 4 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: da dons more like da cons? -> Solved
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 16:10 
I ordered a few discs from this seller and after waiting some time I contacted him and he provided tracking info. When I checked the tracking info it stated it was in progress , well its progress seemed to have stopped so I contacted both my post office and parcel force and both said that they had no record of the parcel.
So my next step was to open a paypal dispute which after a couple of weeks was closed in the sellers favour and now I find myself over £100 out of pocket and nothing to show for it.

Never again will I buy any discs from over seas and my advice to all you forum members is avoid da cons like the plague.

Post subject: Re: da dons more like da cons
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 16:14 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I am sorry to hear you had this experience with them. I have ordered several discs the past few weeks from them and been very satisfied. Usually they are known for quality communication and rather quick shipping, albeit some high prices.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 16:24 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

:| Mate sorry you got ripped off on this. I bet you must be fuming mad and disappointed.

I have been watching some items from the seller so I'll just won't bother now. There is decent UK seller of Laserdiscs on eBay she's very good with low prices and postal only takes maybe about 5 days.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 17:03 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

jaybe123123 wrote:

Never again will I buy any discs from over seas.

Well, you might as well stop collecting then.

I'm very sorry you got hosed, but PAL Land is pretty pathetic selection-wise. There is no need to go and write off the ENTIRE REST OF THE PLANET, all of the sellers and the vast majority of all LDs released, just because Da Don apparently went rogue.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 17:50 
I know DaDon very well (and I also know the postal system). I would suspect a postal glitch before I ever thought DaDon would pull anything shady...

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 18:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

customs is a funny number.
it only gives you info that it was sent, not a tracking to show you when you will receive.

did you contact him? i have not bought from him in some time, but you always have to give a chance.

it can take upto 8 weeks for mail from the US to UK using regular air mail.

i had a package take over 6 months from canada to NYC.

thats why shipping is expensive, the more you pay the faster you get it.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 18:24 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

It's os easy for shipping to get lost overseas, I've heard of it happening so many times

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 18:24 
Serious fan
Serious fan

No offence but it wouldn't be bad idea for some of you to think all over it second time before posting... I understand why jaube is pissed off this badly but how come you're all over bashing the seller in the case like this when facts are straight under your eyes in first post, if DaDon provided tracking info and it worked properly showing the status before all the records got suddenly lost it definitely ain't his fault, and result of PayPal dispute kinda confirms that as obviously it ended up for his favour because he had proof to show that the parcel was sent. This doesn't have anything to do with getting "ripped off" or "going rogue", it's the mail system to be blamed: There's lots of flaky stuff going on in there all the time and this ain't either first or last shipment that gets lost never surfacing again.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 18:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I still havn't bought from dadon myself because i refuse to ever buy a laserdisc i cant see a picture of. Everytime I've asked him about taking pictures he claims his photo taker is on vacation :eh:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 18:31 
romppainen wrote:
No offence but it wouldn't be bad idea for some of you to think all over it second time before posting... I understand why jaube is pissed off this badly but how come you're all over bashing the seller in the case like this when facts are straight under your eyes in first post, if DaDon provided tracking info and it worked properly showing the status before all the records got suddenly lost it definitely ain't his fault, and result of PayPal dispute kinda confirms that as obviously it ended up for his favour because he had proof to show that the parcel was sent. This doesn't have anything to do with getting "ripped off" or "going rogue", it's the mail system to be blamed: There's lots of flaky stuff going on in there all the time and this ain't either first or last shipment that gets lost never surfacing again.

Thank you! When it comes down to who do I doubt, I doubt the postal system :thumbdown:
And it is a bit odd that the package status suddenly went into the twilight zone......

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 18:36 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yes, and also if you really want to make sure you get the item you pay extra for faster shipping.

but rememeber paying extra is not only for faster shipping but it also will get to you.

when i sell stuff i ONLY offer priority or express shipping, for items under 4 pounds and value under 20 i will
give you airmail.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 19:58 
I have made numerous purchases from DaDon over an 11 year period and have received all titles
in a timely manner. I had received an order on one occasion which was shipped priority mail (2 days)
at his expense. He had sent an e-mail to explain that he had to get another copy of the requested
title and apologized for the slight delay in shipping. I believe DaDon to be a stand up guy !

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 20:09 
steed1 wrote:
I have made numerous purchases from DaDon over an 11 year period and have received all titles
in a timely manner. I had received an order on one occasion which was shipped priority mail (2 days)
at his expense. He had sent an e-mail to explain that he had to get another copy of the requested
title and apologized for the slight delay in shipping. I believe DaDon to be a stand up guy !

Couldn't agree more :thumbup:
Sometimes "stuff" happens. Believe it or not sometimes I even get complaints :wtf: (how could that be?????)

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 20:12 
signofzeta wrote:
jaybe123123 wrote:

Never again will I buy any discs from over seas.

Well, you might as well stop collecting then.

I'm very sorry you got hosed, but PAL Land is pretty pathetic selection-wise. There is no need to go and write off the ENTIRE REST OF THE PLANET, all of the sellers and the vast majority of all LDs released, just because Da Don apparently went rogue.

Wow! Never is a very long time :think:
I think it's a good idea to never say never :thumbup:
And I trust that when this ends up being a postal issue and not a DaDon issue that a follow up to that affect will be posted....

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 20:52 
Serious fan
Serious fan

ldservice wrote:
And it is a bit odd that the package status suddenly went into the twilight zone......

Similar thing happened to me just couple of months ago. I placed an order to webshop in US, item in question was available for pre-order and there wasn't confirmed release date during that time so I gave it plenty of time until I got cautious after a month or so and asked them about status of my order. Parcel had been shipped pretty quickly after order was placed, and they provided me a tracking number which showed all the steps in US side but after the parcel had crossed the big water there was just one note about its arrival to destination country and then... nada. Not a single thing of reaching sorting facility or anything, actually it hadn't even reached the customs point in airport. I made a query to local post office and eventually found out that sudden loss of tracking information was caused by differences between each country's terms of services about tracking: Local mail doesn't provide tracking for this very type of parcel it was sent as so they just had dropped tracking it straight after its arrival, and as there was a TOS clash they didn't take any responsibility for the loss and couldn't (read: didn't want to) try locating it either because it wasn't registered in their system. I guess there's no need to say that the parcel never reached my mailbox.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 21:03 
I had one international customer who's parcel was held up in customs because of the word "laser". Guess they thought it was a weapon :wtf:
Now on international I describe what's in the package as a VIDEOdisc player, not a LASERdisc player. I don't want to get on the no fly list :shh:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 21:18 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Well, I once sent fellow collector from UK (who I know well enough) a parcel full of movies with description "smoked reindeer rectums" written on it and using Chef Romppainen's Crappy Cuisine as sender name, I don't wanna even know what list I'm in after that :D

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 21:32 
romppainen wrote:
Well, I once sent fellow collector from UK (who I know well enough) a parcel full of movies with description "smoked reindeer rectums" written on it and using Chef Romppainen's Crappy Cuisine as sender name, I don't wanna even know what list I'm in after that :D

My guess would be you got on the "don't buy anything from Chef Romppainen's Crappy Cuisine" list :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 23:37 
True fan
True fan

Your other recourse if you paid with a credit card to paypal is to do a chargeback.
Not to take sides on this matter, but I feel we're missing some information on this transaction. Something just don't add up. I thought it was the responsibility of the seller to ensure delivery. If delivery can not be proven to the buyers address or at least confirmed to be delivered, shouldn't the transaction be in the buyers favor? Thus I don't understand why the dispute was found in the buyers interest unless he could show delivery was fulfilled. It just may be that you jumped the gun and didn't allow enough times in ebay's mind to allow the delivery to possible be finished, thus the dispute was decided in the buyers favor. Thus the delivery is still in limbo.
Elvis

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 00:25 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

well, i think he is an ancy nancy.
look at his other post. http://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1663

i think jaybee has to understand how shipping and customs works for countries.

sometimes things take time.

Page 1 of 4 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next