It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:09

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: DaDon issues. Feedback received. Issues being resolved
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 07:06 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

firehorse_44 wrote:
And why bring ebay into this issue?

:think: possibly due to the fact that he bought the problem disc on ebay and should have never
brought it up here unless he already contacted the seller and the seller woudn't do anything about it.

and it is not a tech issue on:
what version on LD is better.
what LD player he should look for
what TV or Projector would be best for LD

and so on.
i still don't understand if someone has an issue with a return from even a box store why post it here if they should take it back since they have the receipt and 14-90 days. :think:

if it was listed as mint and he didn't receive mint he has to contact the seller, i don't think he needs
a hand on how to do that, right :think: or do i need help and i'm missing a point here :think:

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 07:10 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Point is/was the guy was asking for advice ..........

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 07:58 
firehorse_44 wrote:
Point is/was the guy was asking for advice ..........

Comment on Posting...

Overall from the perspective of LaserDisc Provider I think posting
is a good idea. For me it is kind of like going to the Dentist, as
it is painful when we hear of a problem, but after it is "removed"
I feel better about one day later. :-)

Seriously, in this case I think the client was unsure if he should
just let it go or to contact us. After all of your helpful posts he did
promptly contact DaDon's and was a pleasure to deal with.

As a result of this Post I am going to write-up a detailed
Post on how to resolve a problem with a Provider. When it is done
I will add a link here and would welcome your comments so that
we can improve on it.

In addition, DaDon has now banned spiked Eggnog beverages during the Holiday's... :-)

Grazie,

DaDon

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 08:05 
True fan
True fan

Thanks DaDon, classy as usual. But you didn't tell us what happened on the grassy knoll?

:lol: Elvis

P.S. Have a successful New Year !!

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 08:08 
Ok seems like I started a poop storm. Note the join date. I may not post but I can read. I may not have a 2000+ collection of discs like some of you. I don't have that much disposable income or that much time on my hands. I do not collect these for wall art. I collect these for players. I enjoy to WATCH this format and have so since I bought my first player in '90.

Now given the bad press DaDon has received in this forum and this being the first purchase from him I was looking for advice. This was an impulse buy and I didn't note the bad press with the seller here till after I ordered. Since I did receive a player and I could enjoy the movie with a minor 10-30sec of visible rot, I was very much on the fence weather or not to complain or not since I could watch the movie.

Things I quickly learned here.

1. Don't believe what you read here. It seems ruled by quick to judge people.
2. DaDon does believe in service and unlike what it says in a lot of posts here, it is worth buying from him.
3. If I can play the movie and enjoy it I'm keeping my mouth shut.
4 This forum is much more fun to read than to post in.

I'll post if I get a better disc when it comes so you who care will know. But I think I'll go back in to read mode now.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Jan 2013, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 08:18 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

1badv6 wrote:
Ok seems like I started a poop storm. Note the join date. I may not post but I can read. I may not have a 2000+ collection of discs like some of you. I don't have that much disposable income or that much time on my hands. I do not collect these for wall art. I collect these for players. I enjoy to WATCH this format and have so since I bought my first player in '90.

Now given the bad press DaDon has received in this forum and this being the first purchase from him I was looking for advice. This was an impulse buy and I didn't note the bad press with the seller here till after I ordered. Since I did receive a player and I could enjoy the move with a minor 10-30sec of visible rot. I was very much on the fence weather or not to complain or not since I could watch the movie.

Things I quickly learned here.

1. Don't believe what you read here. It seems ruled by quick to judge people.
2. DaDon does believe in service and unlike what it says in a lot of posts here, it is worth buying from him.
3. If I can play the movie and enjoy it I'm keeping my mouth shut.
4 This forum is much more fun to read than to post in.

I'll post if I get a better disc when it comes so you who care will know. But I think I'll go back in to read mode now.

I think people just got on your case because they were suspicious because of the last time something like this happened.

Last edited by naiaru on 04 Jan 2013, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 12:07 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Thanks to Da Don for the voice of reason.
Hat is off to you in regard to the remedy not only for the sale in question but also for putting in a good word for someone who was not sure how or if to proceed with his concerns.

Da Don showed his true colors by supporting the guy who posted his concerns and,to top that, is going to create a thread on how to address concerns.......

1badv6, I for one am glad you posted your concerns and am shamed by some peeps lack of support with your query.

Da Don took the high road and that should be telling...................

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 13:06 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I agree completely with the assessment by firehorse_44.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original post made by 1badv6, newbie or otherwise.
It actually concerned me how quickly some people took sides without giving 1badv6 a chance to reply.

I could see very early on in this thread it was becoming a one sided view - DaDon is right - 1badv6 is wrong - don't ask silly questions.
Since when did this forum become Orwell's 1984?

So I decided to post my own take on previous dealings with DaDon to give a more balanced view.
Clearly I'm not the first person to have had some 'issues' with DaDon and likely will not be the last if this forum is anything to go by!
I'd do the same for any other seller if I was receiving service that falls below what I expect so this isn't a personal swipe against DaDon.

My question to the 'wolf pack' members is this......when was the last time any of you actually bought a LD from DaDon?

If memory serves me correctly:

elviscaprice doesn't collect LDs anymore and keeps advising everyone on this forum to dump them all and go digital.
So hardly a credible source of authority with regard to DaDon or any other LD seller for that matter given his stance!

ldservice is a close friend of DaDons and one of the world's leading resources for fixing LD players.
Nothing wrong with defending 'buddies' but I do wonder if your view could be a little biased if you haven't actually bought any LDs from DaDons which was what this thread was about!

rein-o seems to collect animation primarily and mentioned in the past he hadn't bought from DaDon.
I'd suggest buying a few dozen LDs from DaDons and see how it goes before taking sides.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 19:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

1badv6
if you do buy something that is in a condition at listed but then receive something else you can and should always
post or ask questions to us or the seller.

i didn't think that everybody was jumping on you, but the posts were fast on this one.
i've received stuff that if i paid more for it and the condition wasn't what is listed i will contact.
even if it plays fine, there are so many discs out there that you shouldn't have to keep a chiped one etc.

but dadon worked it out with you in the end and i think everybody is happy, but that should not scare you away.
my collection has only gained about 75 discs in the last 4 years and that is hard for me since i don't like moving them

Post subject: Re: DaDon issues. Feedback received. -> Issues solved
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 21:03 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI: I locked the topic and removed personal attacks as we were drifting away from the original topic of the post and into flaming wars.

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2