Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beware of seller 360-class6 on eBay
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 17:21 
Serious fan
Serious fan

he sold me some crappy condition LDs and listed them as
Item specifics
Condition:
Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-8-LASER- ... true&rt=nc
the best description imo would be:
Acceptable:An item with obvious and significant wear but is still operational. May have tears or holes in VHS/DVD box. The video game instructions and box may not be included. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.
...because the covers are worn badly, dirt on them, I used a mild cleaner to remove what appeared to be dried-up gravy on the cover of Cliffhanger. I opened the fold of Abyss to find old spider eggs, and more dirt. The discs are scratched-up, and he claims he watched them all and they all worked fine. I haven't had the chance to watch them, I've been busy all morning cleaning them and restoring them with markers and some wide packing tape to reinforce the sides that about to fall apart (and the holes already worn due to the discs coming through on the sides).
He's not budging on his judgement of the lot, and says that I'm wrong in my grading of the lot...there is no way that any sane person could declare this lot to be LIKE NEW.

Needless to say I need to give him Negative Feedback because of his poor judgement on the quality of this lot, and not out of any sense of revenge, but I have a feeling he will react in revenge and give me negative feedback as a buyer even though I have done nothing wrong: I paid on time, in full, and have communicated what is wrong. Will he be able to falsely give negative feedback to me?

Post subject: Re: Beware of seller 360-class6 on eBay
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 18:33 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

so don't leave negitive feedback only because you CAN and you WONT get it back in return.
leave it IF and only IF the seller won't work something out with you.
also you have to remember and think about this:
that picture clearly shows poor condition, so leave a lower star rating since that's what is deserved here.
stupidity from the seller should only give one bad strike not 2.
star ratings and negitive are bad for the seller.

i see that you tried to contact him about it, but you paid a really low price for some common discs.
it's not like you paid 100 bucks for a 500 dollar dics and got burned since it was in poor condition.

that't not to justify what the idiot did.
i had the same issue with a DVD, listed as mint sealed but it was opened and dirty.
but that seller gave me a refund.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 19:00 
Serious fan
Serious fan

yeah, he wants me to package them, spend more money to ship them back, and in the end he'll refund $7 after i've paid for shipping twice. I don't think this is in my best interest.
I just hope my negative feedback will prevent others from falling for his false advertising.
Oh, and the picture isn't that bad, I can see now that the scuffing is on the one cover, but I thought it was light glare..what you can't see in the picture is the dirt on the discs, the cobwebs with eggs inside the gate-fold of Abyss, and the worse condition that the picture deludes as an image.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 20:38 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

If you are unhappy with them as to the false condition of the titles. I would send them back media mail with tracking.
The seller HAS to refund you the cost of the auction and shipping cost but doesn't have to refund return shipping cost.
If you decide to leave a neg feedback...you will not get one back from him since the seller will be unable to do it.
If the seller doesn't refund you the cost and shipping, you can open a case against him and you will win the case from Ebay.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 22:45 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Normally what you would do is open a case of "not as described" and see where it goes. You have 60 days to leave feedback and the idea is that you keep that open as a last resort. In case he actually cares about receiving a negative, it acts as an incentive.

But if you don't care about getting your money back, you have nothing to worry about by leaving them a negative. A few years ago, eBay removed the option of leaving negative or neutral feedback for Buyers because of cases like this where reciprocity was used against people. As a seller, the options for me when looking at leaving feedback for the buyer are "Positive" and "Report a problem".

This opened up a whole can of worms with buyers using feedback to blackmail sellers, and sellers have little or no recourse, but it is definitely a benefit to buyers.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 22:53 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Thanks guys. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't want to waste more time and money on it. I learned a powerful lesson, if i can just figure it out.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 01:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

agree with both above, you will be out 3-4 bucks if sent media, make sure you put tracking.
but he should refund all, price and first shipping.

this is a problem i have had buying CDs on ebay in the past few months.
i contacted and saying that they were wrong, i'm not paying 3 bucks to send a 4 dollar CD back.
so they gave a partial refund, but then ebay called me saying i was asking for too many partial refunds.

only 4 in the past 3 months, i guess that's too many since i've been buying since 1999

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 01:38 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

This is why it's good to only buy LDs from people that sells tons of LDs. LDs are very fragile and so are the collectors and people have no clue whatsoever how to take care of them. Half the people on eBay say you should buy their LDs because "they'd look great framed on a wall" and have no idea that anyone would watch them.

The best place to buy US LDs is in the shop on this very website. My favorite seller is G and J Rarities. I've bought quite a few things from them for great prices. Always packed well and accurately described. I know when they send me stuff there will be no surprises.

Actually, that's not true. Sometimes there are really cool surprises. When I bought The Truman Show from them they snuck a "Free Truman" button into the package. They also gave me some Robin Hood lobby cards from when I bought that movie as well.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 01:53 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

You bought 8 laserdiscs for 7 bucks and 6 bucks shipping. Thats lower than craigslist lot prices. Did you expect great condition?

Just give him lesser stars on item description.
I could tell from pics that these are formal rentals. Those are always in poor condition.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 02:23 
Serious fan
Serious fan

substance wrote:
You bought 8 laserdiscs for 7 bucks and 6 bucks shipping. Thats lower than craigslist lot prices. Did you expect great condition?

Just give him lesser stars on item description.
I could tell from pics that these are formal rentals. Those are always in poor condition.

I expect truth in advertisement. Why would you settle for lies?
I got 35 discs for $20 off craigslist a month ago after getting 70 for $50 off Craigslist at Thanksgiving...oh and both of those came with Players. So, Craigslist is rarer but cheaper for me

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 02:35 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

When the description says "comes with sleeve" you have to understand that this guy has no idea how to grade LDs by our standards. As far as he was concerned the were great. THEY EVEN STILL HAVE THE SLEEVES!!! To us however, they are trashed.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 02:55 
Serious fan
Serious fan

signofzeta wrote:
When the description says "comes with sleeve" you have to understand that this guy has no idea how to grade LDs by our standards. As far as he was concerned the were great. THEY EVEN STILL HAVE THE SLEEVES!!! To us however, they are trashed.

haha. Well, he said that he watched THEM, and then in a later correspondence he clarified that he watched Carlito's Way, and IT worked all the way thru...and that's GREAT in his opinion. Yeah, I think I'm going to only buy from places like HERE and good dealers on eBay...there's a few that sell like 500 LDS on their site at any time.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 13:17 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

here you will pay what you paid for 8 titles to 1 title. Or more.
You can only get the deals if the seller has no clue about laserdiscs.

At least they came at your door and you are only not happy about the money you spent on them.
I remember driving many miles to pick up a few lds to find out opposed to what seller said the lds are poor shape and none of the ones I asked are there. Complete waste of time

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 13:48 
Serious fan
Serious fan

substance wrote:
I remember driving many miles to pick up a few lds to find out opposed to what seller said the lds are poor shape and none of the ones I asked are there. Complete waste of time

Been there done that. I drove 20 miles to meet-up with someone with 17 laserdiscs for $25...that were REALLY CEDs, but this college kid didn't know. I bought them anyway, but let him know. I have a friend that has a CED player and Black Hole was a title. I have no intention of ever getting a CED player, so these are just conversation starters, that usually end with "Yeah, I wasted $25 that day."

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]