It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:13

Page 13 of 13 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: AVOID Duncan Hunter/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 17:38 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

he seems to have virtually disappeared. I never got a response from the message but even if I tried earlier I probably wouldn't have gotten a response.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2018, 00:16 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I was just fortunate to have stumbled on this site before sending my player in for repair.

At the beginning of this thread, it looks as if the fraud perpetrated is interstate.
I'm no attorney but perhaps a formal joint (all those defrauded) complaint filed with Duncan's Attorney Gerneral Office would prompt resolution. Interstate fraud also I believe is under the jurisdiction of the FBI. Understandably a single players perceived value probably wouldn't rise to immediate action, however perhaps a joint complaint filed simultaneously with the County Sheriff, State Police, Attorney General, and that local FBI office(s) would. I would include an itemization of all players, their individual and combined worth as well as all those defrauded with their contact information.

I'm sure this has already been thought of, just a regurgitation :?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2018, 03:34 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Nothing received yet here either. I could try contacting Duncan again, but not sure the correct e-mail.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2018, 16:17 
True fan
True fan

vinylcollector wrote:
Nothing received yet here either. I could try contacting Duncan again, but not sure the correct e-mail.

I haven't e-mailed Duncan for over 7 years now, but when I did, his e-mail was service@laserdiscservice.com .

Good luck.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 14:46 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

and up and up

does someon of you at least declared him at the police in us?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 18:13 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I don't have a case since I didn't kept any of the email correspondences so it would be hard to get the stuff though he has had it difficult since his wife died. Kurtis told me but not sure if I should post it or not.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2021, 15:10 
Second post
Second post

I am a reseller who owns a small retail store in Olympia, WA. About a week ago, I was contacted by a woman claiming to be the estranged wife of Duncan Hunter. She informed me that her home was filled with LD players and that she wanted them gone so that she could begin the process of renovating. The woman claimed that her husband owned an LD service/repair shop and that he had collected the players over the course of his career. She said that there were at least 80-100 players and nearly 1000 discs in the home and that her husband had no interest in dealing with the mess. Apparently, he does not live with her or even in the county any longer.

When I arrived at the home I was astounded by the sheer amount of electronics, parts, and discs present. There were well over 200 players stacked in the garage and inside the home, some in boxes and some not. I have never seen so many LD players in one place! I like to think that I am a pretty good judge of character, and the woman's story seemed legit, so I made a deal with her and began the process of removing all of the electronics from the home and garage. It took quite some time and many trips, but eventually, I got everything transferred to my storage facility.

Once I finished removing the players and discs from the home, I began the process of taking inventory. I quickly realized that something was amiss because every box that I opened had a repair order or printed email communication detailing requests for repair. It didn't seem as though the repairs had been made to these units, nor was there any sort of obvious resolution based on the lack of response from Hunter. This piqued my interest, so I decided to do a bit of research on Bayview Electronic Repair and Duncan Hunter himself. Obviously, I found this thread and began to realize the extent of the situation. I never imagined that I was going to get mixed up in something this seemingly devious and complex, but here I am.

I am not interested in selling ill-begotten items. My hope in posting this reply is that someone will see it and get in touch with me. I know that many users on this forum have been following the saga of Hunter, and some have more information than others. If you are one of the users who knows many of the owners of these machines, please reach out to me at the email address provided below. I have been contacting the people listed on the packages, but very few of them answer or get back to me. It has been such a long time since they originally sent these machines to Hunter (in some cases 10+ years), and it seems that many have moved on and are not interested in getting their property back. However, there are quite a few high-value units here, and I feel like the owners would like to know that I have them.

If you or someone you know lost a unit to this fiasco, please be prepared to provide some sort of evidence that you are the owner of the unit you would like to claim. Together with the documentation I have, we should be able to track down your unit pretty easily. I am a full-time reseller, business owner, and husband, so please be patient. I hope to be diligent in my search for the owners of these players, but I don't have a huge amount of time to commit. Ultimately, I just want to do what is right.

Joey Burton - Olympia Resale
joeyburton1988@gmail.com

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 03:54 
Site Admin
Site Admin

joeyburton1988 wrote:
I am not interested in selling ill-begotten items. My hope in posting this reply is that someone will see it and get in touch with me. I know that many users on this forum have been following the saga of Hunter, and some have more information than others. If you are one of the users who knows many of the owners of these machines, please reach out to me at the email address provided below. I have been contacting the people listed on the packages, but very few of them answer or get back to me. It has been such a long time since they originally sent these machines to Hunter (in some cases 10+ years), and it seems that many have moved on and are not interested in getting their property back. However, there are quite a few high-value units here, and I feel like the owners would like to know that I have them.

=> Also posted in joeyburton1988 @ how many players does LDservice have of yours?????????

Julien

Page 13 of 13 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13