It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:54

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pricing Laser Discs I've just completed our catalog
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2022, 12:15 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Good morning folks, I want to say this site has been extremely helpful in getting my collection figured out and at least some what organized... at this point were just under 420 titles and were going to go through and verify everything as we have time.. .but I wanted to start thinking of our next step.... and ask a crazy question... is there anyway to input a catalog and get a range of estimated prices... with 420 or more titles it will take me forever to get them priced. Our collection are of personal discs purchased by us for us and we started in the late 70's and through about late 80's . Most of the titles were only watched 1 or 2 times and all in the original covers and sleeves.

What about making our collection public and if someone is interested in a title they could contact us for specific information or pricing. Shipping is an issue, how do you folk ship these things... I am thinking they could go media mail but not sure about packaging yet. I used a bar code reader where possible to gather the catalog database and the ones with out a bar code we entered the other numbers associated with that title.. we should be pretty close on details.

We are in the Nashville Tn area and by all means if there is someone that would like to purchase them as a lot we could start a discussion on that... but be reasonable.

Thanks in advance for your input and look forward to hearing suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Pricing Laser Discs I've just completed our catalog
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2022, 15:21 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

No real way to determine value of LDs. It's not like they make pricing guides for LD like they do with comic books.

You can check prices on ebay or prices here on LDDb (especially the last sold copy here on LDDb), but that's about it.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2022, 16:28 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

There has to be some 22 year old in the Nashville area that wants the entire lot. Someone who’s girlfriend isn’t tired of him yet.

I have to say though that if I had to ditch my collection I would first and foremost concentrate on simply finding anyone who could come get it and take it away and worry about money later. If I die, the people in charge of my stuff know already that’s what I’d want for the love of love and also because I value other peoples time even if they don’t. While obviously still fascinating to many people, most LDs aren’t worth jack anymore and will take ages to sell. Years and years.

For ~420 titles I’d honestly ask $1 each but take $.50 and probably be happy with less. Sure, you’ll have some titles that will go for $10-50 maybe, maybe, but if you sell them separately it only devalues the rest of the collection and makes it harder to off.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 08:15 
True fan
True fan

I'd recommend selling them individually because someone is going to rip you off and it will just be some old fat reseller. :lol: Hey I'm not thin myself so please no one get offended. I do think this guy in the youtube video is full of poo. Don't think he profited as quickly as he claims. I think he is just trying to make his girlfriend or wife happy. Looks like most of the titles he bought are common titles so he really isn't going to be hitting Gold with this. I also despise resellers that buy stuff and just want to flip it. It's kind of a fake job in my opinion. I guess I shouldn't give that opinion since that's what many people do. :lol:

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2022, 18:17 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Thanks for the suggestions I just thought that you folks put a way for me to catalog all these much easier than one by one someone would have come up with a way.... but I understand... Since I am in the Nashville area perhaps that guy is still looking and will contact me.. .I have to admit from looking at them they look new and in good shape... they have been stored in the house on heavy duty shelves... I'd keep them for a buck a piece I get that much of a kick out of them showing them to our younger friends that have never seen them.... that has to be worth something but we probably have some treasures. If I can find a half dozen gems it might make me keep them even longer... Perhaps I"ll spend some time just googling the titles... Thanks again to all of you for the replies

PostPosted: 03 May 2022, 01:37 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

we have made our collection public if you find any title that you would like more information or price on please contact us...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]