It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:12

Page 1 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: How is DaDon as a seller?
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 23:08 
If you have done much LD buying on eBay you have certainly noticed dadon's lasers. He seems to be the most prolific seller on ebay of LaserDiscs. He has the most, the rarest, and the highest priced. With other hobbies I've found this sort of seller can go one of two ways. Either he is a great seller, and the prices he commands are based on the legitimate superiority of the quality, condition, descriptions, and shipping techniques he uses.

Alternatively the other way I have seen this go, is the seller is a horrible seller, who survives based on bulk sales, and the fact he has extremely rare discs, but any serious collectors stay away because they know his stuff is junk. His products are consistently graded higher than deserved, the shipping is slow, the packing is mediocre, the communication is hostile or non existent.

Using a program called terapeak, and ebay research tool I use at work, I can research him and find these particular statistics which may be interesting just for the hell of it. In the past 90 days from 11/09/2011 through 02/6/2012 he has

1856 Listings
17.62% Sell Through Rate
Avg Sale Price of $33.55

So I have had no experience with this seller. What say you who have dealt with him?

Post subject: Re: How is DaDon as a seller?
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 00:16 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I have bought an LD from this guy once, couple years ago through ebay.
Was well packaged, and smooth transaction.
Would buy from again.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 00:18 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I have just bought a few LDs from DaDon (only because I collect mainly music rather than movies) but found his service to be very efficient.
Items were extremely well packed and arrived exactly as described so I was very pleased. I would buy from him again without hesitation.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 01:13 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Stand up Dealer..
Your first description of his sales practices sums it up...
Not a bulk dumper who surfs on top of sloppy customer service...
Integrity and honesty would be my descriptive choice of words...

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 01:56 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Never had any issues with him. I have used him in the past when I have screwed up knowing the customer would get a top notch product. WIsh I could fine where he gets those 13 inch boxes though. Packs very well!

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 04:11 
True fan
True fan

I've purchased a couple of things from him. Very well packaged and timely delivery. Nice stuff, but his prices are usually too high for me.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 06:47 
Serious fan
Serious fan

chente wrote:
I've purchased a couple of things from him. Very well packaged and timely delivery. Nice stuff, but his prices are usually too high for me.

I haven't bought any discs from DaDon for that very reason. It seems his prices are frozen in time, from somewhere in the early '00s -- even for discs that aren't all that rare.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 07:41 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Either that or they are all 29.95 ;) His discs are nice and if you want a nice disc that is as described, that is a place to go for sure.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 09:24 
I have found him a very reliable seller, the packaging is always perfect... I have only bought DTS discs from him.

The prices for discs are high but he usually takes best offers which brings the price down considerably.

I will definitely continue to use him.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 10:04 
Great seller, top notch packaging, only received 1 out of about 20 that was not Mint as described. You seem to get faster service if you buy from him off ebay versus through his online store. It seems like he rarely excepts best offers on ebay unless you are buying 3 or more at a time.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 10:46 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello and good day,

I have purchased about 4 to 6 LD's from Da-Don.

Around four deliveries from him, with great correspondence and well packaged.

I would recommend this seller to anyone, and from other sites his reputation with others is good and respected.

Hope this helps.

Regards

:thumbup:

Last edited by benmbe on 13 Feb 2012, 18:01, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 16:13 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

He has a website as well . . .

http://dadons-laserdiscs.com/

. . . I've bought a few discs from him a while ago. Good seller.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 18:48 
Well his prices explain his terrible sell through rate. You would think he would notice that. I would think he would make more money with lower prices and higher volume of sales.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 19:53 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I thought I would chime in on this thread with the talk about the cost he and any other seller that offers titles for sale that people would think is high or unreasonable. Selling on Ebay is not easy especially dealing with cry babies who wants everything for nothing so they can either resell it to make the profit or collector's who do not have the finances to be in this hobby. First of all, the time and money it takes to purchase titles to offer to the public, the time to photograph hundreds or thousands of titles and crop each picture to be suitable for presentation, ebay charges roughly $50 or more each month to have a store there and then charges 5 cents per title to list them, then if it sells, they take additional 12-15 percent when a seller has it for sale using the Buy It Now as a purchase format (auction format they take 9 percent)plus also additional 12-15 percent if there is any shipping fees, then there is the cost of materials that are used to ship that precious title so it doesn't get damaged. Also Paypal takes 3 percent of total sale price including shipping cost or 4 percent if shipped international. Then there is the everyday usage that most people do not think of, like computer cost with wear and tear, electricity, etc... it all adds up. It is so easy being a buyer that people tend to forget what it takes to sell something and high expectations of titles being perfect even if they are described right. Sure, I've seen prices for very common titles that were higher than normal, but that just goes with the territory.
I have bought and sold to DaDon many many times and even talked on the phone with them, they are very business like and stands behind everything they sell. If any problem due occur, they are on it...people are not perfect and mistakes do happen.
I've seen other sellers on Ebay and even here that offer titles that I feel are way overpriced but being a buyer, I have the option of either making a offer or just wait for another to come along that is affordable.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 21:41 
Serious fan
Serious fan

+1 from here, I've dealed with him couple of times and don't have single bad word to say about him.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 21:45 
starlaser wrote:
I thought I would chime in on this thread with the talk about the cost he and any other seller that offers titles for sale that people would think is high or unreasonable. Selling on Ebay is not easy especially dealing with cry babies who wants everything for nothing so they can either resell it to make the profit or collector's who do not have the finances to be in this hobby. First of all, the time and money it takes to purchase titles to offer to the public, the time to photograph hundreds or thousands of titles and crop each picture to be suitable for presentation, ebay charges roughly $50 or more each month to have a store there and then charges 5 cents per title to list them, then if it sells, they take additional 12-15 percent when a seller has it for sale using the Buy It Now as a purchase format (auction format they take 9 percent)plus also additional 12-15 percent if there is any shipping fees, then there is the cost of materials that are used to ship that precious title so it doesn't get damaged. Also Paypal takes 3 percent of total sale price including shipping cost or 4 percent if shipped international. Then there is the everyday usage that most people do not think of, like computer cost with wear and tear, electricity, etc... it all adds up. It is so easy being a buyer that people tend to forget what it takes to sell something and high expectations of titles being perfect even if they are described right. Sure, I've seen prices for very common titles that were higher than normal, but that just goes with the territory.
I have bought and sold to DaDon many many times and even talked on the phone with them, they are very business like and stands behind everything they sell. If any problem due occur, they are on it...people are not perfect and mistakes do happen.
I've seen other sellers on Ebay and even here that offer titles that I feel are way overpriced but being a buyer, I have the option of either making a offer or just wait for another to come along that is affordable.

I am very tired of people crying about how bad it is to sell on eBay with all of the fees, and BS. Its a part of doing business, and running a brick and mortar store is much more expensive. I work for an eBay business, and it is not that hard to make a reasonable profit selling items at reasonable prices. Our sell through rate is 75% and we have 15 employees. The higher volume you sell the less it costs to sell on eBay. That is a good reason to lower prices to increase volume sales if you have a poor sell though rate. Clearly dadon is a good seller when it comes to customer service, but it seems we have also found out he has high prices. The cost of selling on eBay is low. PayPal's fees are much lower than Visa, MC, and AMEX would charge a brick and mortar store to accept credit cards. People should not have to think about how much this is costing the seller, and this is certainly not justification to charge inflated prices.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 21:46 
True fan
True fan

I purchased from him a few times. The packaging is great and he attempts a speedy delivery. However, I emailed him three times and he never responded. I can't help but develop a certain opinion of that. My emails were not, "did you ship it?" or anything related to that.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 23:00 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I have never purchased anything from him although there are a couple of discs I would not mind having but are priced way to high IMO.
I have tried 'best offer' several times but to no avail...

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:21 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I am very tired of people crying about how bad it is to sell on eBay with all of the fees, and BS. Its a part of doing business, and running a brick and mortar store is much more expensive. I work for an eBay business, and it is not that hard to make a reasonable profit selling items at reasonable prices. Our sell through rate is 75% and we have 15 employees. The higher volume you sell the less it costs to sell on eBay. That is a good reason to lower prices to increase volume sales if you have a poor sell though rate. Clearly dadon is a good seller when it comes to customer service, but it seems we have also found out he has high prices. The cost of selling on eBay is low. PayPal's fees are much lower than Visa, MC, and AMEX would charge a brick and mortar store to accept credit cards. People should not have to think about how much this is costing the seller, and this is certainly not justification to charge inflated prices.[/quote]

agree, i too am tired of the bay rant.
go get the outdated electronics and LDs somewhere else, oh you can't can you.
it's cheaper for me than opening a store to try and sell LDs, my local store that does carry some charges 5 bucks each or 3 for 5 bucks.
but they are all crap, no music, no DTS, no anime, no rare discs at all.

you want something rare and are willing to hunt then the bay is the only place.
if you want something super rare and are willing to pay then pay someone like dadon, n$a or admin.

or you never have it, never get it and never will :thumbup:

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I am a small time seller, or I think I am and last year I hit 7k in ebay fees after postage (I have fee on my discs) and the ebay fees and paypal fees were added. I think paypal was right around 1000, my postage was 3000 and my ebay was 3000, ok 7k total. That was my operating fee. Oh, and may of my discs are the only ones on ebay. I do price by condition and use the mint price as a guide. Yes, I did say 7k in fees. Almost all of which my customers shouldered somewhat. I do not lower the price of some of my discs. Exactly how many copies of Return of the Living Dead 3 are for sale right now? Lol, anyway, I dont mind the fees, it is price of doing business.

Page 1 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next