It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:59

Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Question for sellers and anyone that has an opinion
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 11:01 
Serious fan
Serious fan

This is just a seller vs. collector issue and is the same for anything not just LD.
If I have something that I know is going to a collector rather than someone who is just going to try to resell it for a profit I will most likely sell to the collector even if it is for less profit. For collectors it is a 'pay it forward' kind of thing. Many times I have even given away things free of charge to people who will cherish them and otherwise could not afford them.

I can't fault anyone for trying to make some cash though. Sell for profit if you can but realize there are people with a different view; it is just the way of things.
Stay well.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 11:47 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

brenner wrote:
mikeystoyz wrote:
I went to go buy something and was told that I wouldnt be sold to. On another site. Was an automated message. No biggie, I can always go elsewhere. I look all over for my discs and will pay what I want. I have been buying stuff from a guy called creepozoid or something like that on ebay, awesome discs, awesome prices and awesome shipping. I really like the quality of the guys stuff. Forgot the middle o, he seems to have some nice weird stuff.

I have purchased from Creepozoid before. And I agree. Awesome stuff at decent prices. And he knows how to ship.
If a seller refuses to sell to you it is their loss. Makes no sense.

I'd just like to clarify that my experience with seller Creepozoid was far from positive.
I'd agree he did seem to have some rare items, however this is how the transaction went for me:
Bought 200 Motels LD late last year which is a rare title.
Packaging item was sent in was utter garbage - no bubblewrap, no card protection, just one of those flimsy white LP mailers.
Sleeve was destroyed - all four corners dinged/dented/creased.
Disc also sliced through sleeve in several places.
The disc was rotted and the picture was filled with speckles.
I emailed the seller and they reluctantly issued a partial refund and then said I would not be allowed to ever bid on any of their other items again.

To me it was obvious this seller didn't have a clue how to package LDs and also didn't test play what they were selling so I was actually relieved I would never accidentally bid on any of their other items.
It is no loss not being able to bid when a seller is this bad.
Perhaps 'Creepozoid' has improved their service since I got back to them - they certainly needed to.
The name 'Creepozoid' they use on both Ebay and LDDB.com seems very appropriate to me - at least that part is accurate!!

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 04:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The stuff I have bought from him recently has been awesome. Maybe he learned a thing or 2. Good packing, decent items. Weird

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 04:19 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

ohreally wrote:
This is just a seller vs. collector issue and is the same for anything not just LD.
If I have something that I know is going to a collector rather than someone who is just going to try to resell it for a profit I will most likely sell to the collector even if it is for less profit. For collectors it is a 'pay it forward' kind of thing. Many times I have even given away things free of charge to people who will cherish them and otherwise could not afford them.

I can't fault anyone for trying to make some cash though. Sell for profit if you can but realize there are people with a different view; it is just the way of things.
Stay well.

The irony of your statement is I never make a profit. It is when I make a mistake and always buy a better item then I was selling so I am always, 100% of the time out of money, so what I should do then is say hey, I sold this item for x dollars and really need a nice copy, I see you have one for x+ whatever dollars and could really use it to make the collector that bought my item happy and would appreciate it. Here is the item number that I sold and you can see that your item is listed at 50 bucks and mine sold for 35. You are making your money, I am not making anything and am actually losing 15 dollars and the collector that has bought laserdisc x will be happy with the new disc?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 10:02 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I've bought some from him aswell, +1 from me.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 15:58 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

mikeystoyz wrote:
ohreally wrote:

Stay well.

The irony of your statement is I never make a profit. It is when I make a mistake and always buy a better item then I was selling so I am always, 100% of the time out of money, so what I should do then is say hey, I sold this item for x dollars and really need a nice copy, I see you have one for x+ whatever dollars and could really use it to make the collector that bought my item happy and would appreciate it. Here is the item number that I sold and you can see that your item is listed at 50 bucks and mine sold for 35. You are making your money, I am not making anything and am actually losing 15 dollars and the collector that has bought laserdisc x will be happy with the new disc?

how do we know that :lol:
show me the money :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 19:29 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Disc Cracked somehow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0878952104

what I paid to get one shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120848949020?ss ... 1439.l2649

One Example. I have other times where other things happen and I need to take care of it. So on that one I lost about 7 dollars after you take out the fees.

Want me to go on?

The most I have ever done was I had a copy of Return of the Living Dead I sold for 30 and paid 50 to get one to someone. I try to do the best I can but I am a one person operation and hand do everything. In the above case the PO destroyed the LD by running a forklift over it. It was pretty interesting to look at the box with the tireprint over it. Regardless, it was destroyed and I wanted to do well by my statements and bought them a new one. So, some people are making decent cash, I keep customers happy even when it isnt my fault. Though I have taken to insure everything over x amount and when I send foreign I try to insure 100% of the time. Thats how you know. I dont buy singles to often to resell, I try to buy in lots.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 23:12 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

:cry: i think i'm missing the problem here :cry:

you buy and sell and are upset that some won't sell to you :?:

if you brag about what you buy, then brag about what you sell, peopel find out, then people get PO'd with you.

i think the lesson here is to never brag about anything :shh:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 05:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Exactly where am I bragging about anything? Please let me know. Please re read what I wrote I sold for 30 and couldnt fufill my end of the deal and bought another for 50. So if that is bragging please tell me why. What oh yes, I sold something for 30 and then couldnt complete the order, so I paid 50 to someone else so I could fufill my end of the deal. Yeah, I lost 20 dollars on the deal and can do that for each transaction and stay in business forever, losing money. So please, where is the bragging?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 06:58 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

mikeystoyz wrote:
Exactly where am I bragging about anything? Please let me know. Please re read what I wrote I sold for 30 and couldnt fufill my end of the deal and bought another for 50. So if that is bragging please tell me why. What oh yes, I sold something for 30 and then couldnt complete the order, so I paid 50 to someone else so I could fufill my end of the deal. Yeah, I lost 20 dollars on the deal and can do that for each transaction and stay in business forever, losing money. So please, where is the bragging?

i don't really have time to find it but you were bragging about getting a lot on ebay with south park the movie and spending X amount.
now you have it up for sale.
i personally don't have any issue with this but that is what i believe they call bragging.

some people don't like that.
not my fault, not yours, it's just how it is.
you my friend are a dealer :thumbup:
again nothing wrong with it but that's how it is.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Ahh, that one ;) That is sharing a story! I dont care what I paid, that is getting something I wanted! Though I could see how that could be taken as that! I am still not understanding how that matters about when I was paid 20 bucks for something, and wanted to buy same object for 40 to send it to someone, but oh well! I pay what people want for their stuff. I dont coerce them into less, that is my point. If the dude wanted 250 dollars for the cool collection that is what I paid. I didnt say, I see you have it for 500 and I will give you 250. I paid his price. As to getting southpark, personally, I think Iron Giant is cooler, lol. Have agood one!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 20:25 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I simply can't understand why someone would not want to sell to you. The only way I would not sell to someone is if they have absolutely terrible feedback or are know as someone who does not pay.

Also, someone asked if you can have multiple accounts on ebay? YES you can, and it is very advantageous to do so if you are a seller. Potential buyers should not know what you are paying for your product if you purchase it on ebay for resale. That is just my opinion. Oh...Yes, shill bidding is definitely not a good thing to do on ebay.

Kevin
FB: www.facebook.com/LaserdiscVault

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 21:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It is irritating. Guess my money isnt as good as the next guys. I have told people straight up what I am doing and they can always check out my sale for all I care. That being said, I think I am going to use my other ebay name for buying, save me some grief.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 01:59 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Good idea...I would highly recommend having a separate buying account! Good luck to you, and don't let one bad experience with a seller ruin it for you...keep having fun with it! The day I stop loving what I am doing, I will get out of this business...I hope that day never comes! There are too many nice people that I have met! LONG LIVE LASERDISCS!!! :-)
FB: www.facebook.com/LaserdiscVault

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 03:40 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I usually buy hundreds of dollars worth of discs every few weeks or so. I sell what I dont like and keep the rest. Makes my life fun! I will buy from other people then and go from there.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 19:56 
Second post
Second post

I love dealing with you -- I am the one who had the customer on Ebay who only bought on Ebay and she ended up buying quite a few things off of other sellers right here on LDDb.com. I was basically the middle person -- collected enough to cover my fees and it sure did help me get to a Bronze power seller on Ebay rather quickly as well.
If another seller does not want to sell to you, then it is their loss and do not take it personally. I would give you nothing but a 5 star recommendation every time.

JoAnn
Everything Place

PS -- Who cares how BIG you get anyway? Isn't that the point? Grow and make money!! It is for me -- teenagers are quite expensive these days!!

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 21:13 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I am actually teetering on the point where i am to big for myself. I am not quite there yet but getting there quick. I branched into CEDs and that business is slow and steady and amazes me. My wife gets things at yard sales and some of the stuff is pretty cool. So we could open a second hand not quite new but not junk store, lol. I have to admit I have some really cool stuff from my buying and selling as does she. We have actually accumulated about 10 grams of gold that she got for around 30 dollars, about 3 ounces of silver she got for 3 bucks and a bunch of old things. I just lke buying and selling. That being said, I actually have about 100 lds in my personal collection now, lol. Gotta start somewhere. My real passion is buying magic the gathering original art. I have a whole whopping 2 pieces now but continue to look around for other stuff.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 17:10 
Second post
Second post

OOOOoooooohhhhhh CED's We have quite a few here as well as 2 "working" yes working players -- would love to sell them all. Where are you selling them at? Ebay or LDDb?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 02:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Ebay, for ceds that are over 11 bucks or so. The rest I just mass sell them.

Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2