It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:34

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: I am pissed
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 06:24 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I won the auction for The Fugitive Anamorphic Edition in sealed brand new condition. The seller had ton of pictures the disc was in great shape. Today it arrived and I am pissed. the seller wrapped the LD in thin paper and nothing else. He also wrote on it (like a joke) "please do not bend". Naturally its ruined. all 4 corners bends, creases, pushed corners. It was supposed to be a 10/10 disc now barely a 6/10.

If it wasnt an anamorphic release I wouldnt care but I know I wont find another copy. I am really pissed. The seller is f1817. DO NOT BUY ANYthing from this seller. I already left a negative feedback.

Such a waste....

Post subject: Re: I am pissed
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 06:45 
I hate when that happens. I ordered Jurassic Park DTS and Apollo 13 DTS LDs from the same seller, and got an amazing price on them (about $10 each) and they were pristine in the listing. seller shipped them IN AN ENVELOPE. I don't know what that seller was thinking. Needless to say, the covers were ruined, bent and torn in several places. I was pissed as well. The discs ended up being ok, surprisingly, but still. I feel your pain.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 06:50 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Which fugitive is it? Could you send me a link?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 06:57 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

This is the 1604 I believe. The promo disc with anamorphic widescreen. I paid $30 dollars shipped. It doesn't matter what I paid, how this guy ships LDs is NOT acceptable. Now he is probably going to ask me to return the item and refund me but this is not a solution I want. I know I wont find another copy of this unless I pay $100 or so. I have 2100, the regular US pressing in sealed. I swapped jackets. I know its not original anymore(almost emberassing) but I just can't stand seeing that ruined jacket.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hi
I was going to see if I had it and send it but that is the one copy of the fugitive I dont have. I am sorry to hear that. Are the discs ok?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:11 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

discs are in good condition. He replied a few mins ago complaining to me that I left negative feedback before I contacted him. he says he shipped many discs like that with no problems. Now asking me to send him pictures so he can come up with a solution. I told him unless he has another copy of the Fugitive anamorphic LD he has no solutions for me.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:13 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I will keep a look out for a jacket. You never know when you will come across one. If I do I will grab it! Stranger things have happened.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:26 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Thank you mike. that is very kind.
f1817 on the other hand is like a joke. She complains that I left a feedback too early now ebay wont take the negative feedback back. I honestly dont want them to remove it. So next time someone enthusiastic as I am wont be upset and pissed.

I highly recommend everyone to not to buy anything from ebay seller f1817 unless you are fine with ruined ld jackets from poor packaging. I showed the thin wrap paper to my wife .she said even a 8 year old kid would guess the lds would get some damage from shipping in that.

as for the LD. this is my first anamorphic disc and the picture is amazing. It is DVD sharp but no macrobloking, pixelating, digitized look. Now I am interested in the other squeezed titles:) But I have had my lessons, this time I am buying from a trusted seller like " mikeytoyz "

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 07:54 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Thanks for the heads up on this situation.
Sorry for the hit you took.
By bringing this up to the attention of others,you may have spared them that same fate !!!
Grateful to you substance,and you WILL find another !!!

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 11:42 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

substance wrote:
Thank you mike. that is very kind.
f1817 on the other hand is like a joke. She complains that I left a feedback too early now ebay wont take the negative feedback back. I honestly dont want them to remove it. So next time someone enthusiastic as I am wont be upset and pissed.

I highly recommend everyone to not to buy anything from ebay seller f1817 unless you are fine with ruined ld jackets from poor packaging. I showed the thin wrap paper to my wife .she said even a 8 year old kid would guess the lds would get some damage from shipping in that.

as for the LD. this is my first anamorphic disc and the picture is amazing. It is DVD sharp but no macrobloking, pixelating, digitized look. Now I am interested in the other squeezed titles:) But I have had my lessons, this time I am buying from a trusted seller like " mikeytoyz "

I know this will upset all you guys but I am also a seller. And you should never give an negative feedback before you give the seller a chance to repay the mistake. A full refund in this case should been appropriated. A negative feedback can be a lot of trouble on ebay, ok mayby just not one but a couple, so getting a negative from making a mistake and wanting to refund the buyer is a real boner. A negative feedback is really just for getting the fake sellers which keep your money and ignore you.

Your wife also knows the impotence of the sleeve and how bad the post office is, the seller which might not never have touched an vinyl lp of ld might not actually understand this.

I understand that you are pissed but I just felt that someone should defend the seller a little. One of the reasons I pretty much have stopped selling on ebay was becouse a lot of bad buyers were pretty much assholes just because they know a bad ratio could shut you down and you as a seller are now allowed to even give out a negative no matter what the buyer does.

As a seller on ebay it doesn't matter what the issue is you always ending up giving back your money to the costumer just because the post office delayed the shipping 2 weeks or that the customs suddenly wanted to charge taxes or if the record happens to have 1 extra scratch on the sleeve.

I am not saying that you are one of these, I am just saying that you never should give out a negative feedback if the seller agrees to settle the issue with you.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 12:51 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I've a pile of maybe 400 LDs that got some form damage in shipping or had some surprise when they arrived like they didn't play properly (warped, cracked, scratched, rotted discs etc). Did I leave 400 negative feedbacks...of course not! No one takes you seriously if you leave a negative feedback for so many transactions.

Sure I could have cried when some items arrived in such terrible condition - a few I've never managed to replace no matter where I searched.
johan184 is right though. I always bite my tongue and communicate with the seller first. I've had to do this several times just recently and I don't regret it.
I didn't fall out with the sellers but I did make them crystal clear why I was so disappointed with what I received.
Dumping negative feedback should only be used if they refuse to play ball with regard to compensation.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 16:03 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I bought many items from ebay and never left any bad feedback so far beside this one. I dont care if it didnt arrive to me on time or minor wear it gets during shipping. And believe me all of this hapened. I had people forgot to ship my items, items got water damage because they sat at my door a few hours etc.. all of these seller had either not juch to do or honest mistakes.
But you are confusing this. Someone who ships a valuable disc in paper and I dont mean envelope ,plain paper like a4 ( in gray) wrapped around this ld and the stamps knows it will be ruined. She wrote on this paper "please do not bend" this also give away she knew that it would go tru some wear on the way. This is no honest mistake. Because this ld is so rare, mostlikely not recoverable,exchangeable. Refunding my money doesnt ease my frustration. I did not buy transformers dark side of the moon from bestbuy which i can easly return for a refund and buy it from elsewhere.

I waited lng time for this to arrive because I bought this ld I did pass on many other deals. A refund on a honest mistake is ok but a stupid mistake like this... i dont want to say anything anymore

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 16:10 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

One last update. This seller says if i remove my feedback and not leave any I will be refunded and keep the disc. She didnt mention anything about paying more attention to packaging next time. But mentions that please try us again we are not bad people.

I brought many critisizm to this seller it is my responsibility to share this as well. Although she didnt say, she probably knows now anything like this will result in similar situations.
Whats is disc worth without the jacket?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 16:31 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

substance wrote:
One last update. This seller says if i remove my feedback and not leave any I will be refunded and keep the disc. She didnt mention anything about paying more attention to packaging next time. But mentions that please try us again we are not bad people.

I brought many critisizm to this seller it is my responsibility to share this as well. Although she didnt say, she probably knows now anything like this will result in similar situations.
Whats is disc worth without the jacket?

I feel your pain. I've been selling/buying on ebay for almost 15 years. Some of the items I've received were packaged so poorly I was amazed the item made it ot me in one piece. I'm kind of an anal person, so when I sell something I pack it like it needs to survice a drop from a second story window! You can never to too safe.

And now, with Ebay putting almost all power in the buyers hands, it behoves the seller to dot all the eyes and cross all the tees when it comes to shipping an item properly AND safely. Though, the unkown variable in the equation is the shipping provider.......

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 17:39 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

If the seller doesn't want to do anything about it and doesn't accept the error of their ways then you are right to leave a negative feedback.
It is the ace card for a buyer if all else fails.

I personally find that it doesn't pay dividends in the long run though unless the seller is exceptionally bad.
By way of example one guy who sold me titles which got damaged during shipping sent me completely free of charge a box of test pressings.
He had worked in one of the Pioneer LD plants in the US and produced test discs for mastering many of which he had taken home.
I got a complete box of these out of the blue free which were priceless. Do you think he would have done that if I had left a negative feedback?....not a chance.
He was genuinely sorry about the condition of the original items I purchased and he did his best to rectify the situation. That is all you can ask for.

It is unfortunate that laserdiscs do require special care when shipping and the knowledge of how to pack them properly is a dying art. If I am buying from a seller whom I have never bought from before I always warn them in advance to pack item very carefully and offer some advice if they are unsure. It seems to work 99% of the time and saves some treasured LDs from ending up as garbage on a landfill site somewhere.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 19:19 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

this is how it was packaged

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 71.26 KiB | Viewed 6134 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 19:19 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

all 4 corners this way. looks worst in real

Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 79.03 KiB | Viewed 6134 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 20:00 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

substance wrote:
all 4 corners this way. looks worst in real

hehe that is a top notch package... =)

But its like I said, to avoid this you have to avoid seller thats not usally sells vinyl records or lds.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 20:13 
I usually contact the seller before leaving neutral or negative feedback, but it was definitely justified here. A full refund would not even come close to making up for their flagrant disregard for proper packaging. I've had a few LD's that were shipped this way from Ebay. If it's something common then I'll just request a refund but if it's a rare disc it sucks badly. Hopefully the negative feedback will make them think twice before mailing out more this way.

I don't take into account whether they ship a lot of laserdiscs or not, as a seller you have a responsibility to package the item for shipping to ensure it arrives in the same condition it was shipped in.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 20:18 
True fan
True fan

I once had a LD shipped in a big square box, not even an LP mailer or anything. It was just laying at an angle in the box. Some people just don't know how to ship anything at all.

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next