It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:02

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: I am pissed
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 01:28 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I agree,some lack the creativity to package adequately.
One is required to think inside as well as outside the box....LoL !

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 07:04 
True fan
True fan

flcl4evr wrote:
I once had a LD shipped in a big square box, not even an LP mailer or anything. It was just laying at an angle in the box. Some people just don't know how to ship anything at all.

I had one shipped to me in a pizza box. Still smelled a little like pepperoni!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 07:17 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The problem with negatives are they are punitive in Ebays eyes. The seller screwed up big time, but were they malicious or was she a bone head? I personally wait for malicious people to give negs to. You are free to do what you want but remember that. If an ebay seller gets to many negs they are gone. I just got one for this reason and ebay wont do a thing even though I followed their rules and I do control the post office :)

opened unpaid item case after only 4 days..then took 11 days to get my item..bad <- that is a negative that I just got. This will affect me for a long time, even though I personally didnt do anything wrong. It is their right to say that and look like an Idiot, which they do. However, this is majorly damaging to me. Not because of the neg but because of the star dings that goes with it. If I get a few more, I am done, even though I do my best, am human and a one man operation.

Anyway she was a bone head, no doubt about it. She offered to make it good. Last question here, is she a newbie or a pro. Has she shipped laserdiscs before? If the answer to both is a no, I would seriously consider revising. If she was a pro and never shipped a laserdisc or many, consider it. If she sells laserdiscs or records let it stand. That is me personally.

Have a good one
Chris

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 14:19 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I recently got my first ever negative feedback on LDDB.com :cry: .
It was from a first time buyer. Wasn't a problem with the shipping but he said All damn videos has a drop out and freeze in some points over and over.
I'd watch the disc a couple of times before selling and never saw any of these problems (could this be due to using different players?).

Anyway, I wish the buyer had have contacted me before posting his negative feedback. Would have given me the opportunity to try and work something out (partial refund/ refund and return or something). Instead I get a negative when I really didn't do anything wrong. Packed it well, shipped in good time and the disc had no problems to my knowledge.

So I guess I'm agreeing that you should always at least try to contact the seller before posting a negative.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 18:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

bullruckle wrote:
I recently got my first ever negative feedback on LDDB.com :cry: .
It was from a first time buyer. Wasn't a problem with the shipping but he said All damn videos has a drop out and freeze in some points over and over.
I'd watch the disc a couple of times before selling and never saw any of these problems (could this be due to using different players?).

Anyway, I wish the buyer had have contacted me before posting his negative feedback. Would have given me the opportunity to try and work something out (partial refund/ refund and return or something). Instead I get a negative when I really didn't do anything wrong. Packed it well, shipped in good time and the disc had no problems to my knowledge.

So I guess I'm agreeing that you should always at least try to contact the seller before posting a negative.

could you contact Julien about it?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:06 
True fan
True fan

chente wrote:
flcl4evr wrote:
I once had a LD shipped in a big square box, not even an LP mailer or anything. It was just laying at an angle in the box. Some people just don't know how to ship anything at all.

I had one shipped to me in a pizza box. Still smelled a little like pepperoni!

I've had a few shipped to me in pizza boxes. Most of them are usually unused boxes, haha

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 01:54 
Site Admin
Site Admin

naiaru wrote:
bullruckle wrote:
I recently got my first ever negative feedback on LDDB.com :cry:

could you contact Julien about it?

I contacted the buyer, waiting for his reply.

Julein

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 21:54 
True fan
True fan

I am pissed! No sense starting a new thread, just telling you guys what happened to me: I won the auction for this http://www.ebay.de/itm/221006822534?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and what i got was this: http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/05784/42023/In-the-Name-of-the-Father-%281993%29. I was getting the standard version instead the dts- Version.
This guy used a different picture and a different description to sell this LD as a DTS Disc. I was so happy having won the disc for 1 Euro...when I got the Disc I was pissed. The guy told me sorry, he didn´t know that there was difference, he told me to refund my 1 Euro...
I´t s not this single Euro that I wanna have back, it´s the disappointment that makes me angry.. :x ...

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 22:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

mikeystoyz wrote:
The problem with negatives are they are punitive in Ebays eyes. The seller screwed up big time, but were they malicious or was she a bone head? I personally wait for malicious people to give negs to. You are free to do what you want but remember that. If an ebay seller gets to many negs they are gone. I just got one for this reason and ebay wont do a thing even though I followed their rules and I do control the post office :)

opened unpaid item case after only 4 days..then took 11 days to get my item..bad <- that is a negative that I just got. This will affect me for a long time, even though I personally didnt do anything wrong. It is their right to say that and look like an Idiot, which they do. However, this is majorly damaging to me. Not because of the neg but because of the star dings that goes with it. If I get a few more, I am done, even though I do my best, am human and a one man operation.

Anyway she was a bone head, no doubt about it. She offered to make it good. Last question here, is she a newbie or a pro. Has she shipped laserdiscs before? If the answer to both is a no, I would seriously consider revising. If she was a pro and never shipped a laserdisc or many, consider it. If she sells laserdiscs or records let it stand. That is me personally.

Have a good one
Chris

welcome to ebay :wave:
BUT if they tried to contact you first then you are stuck with the stupid ebay rules.
if they didn't try to contact you first then you have a case with ebay and making them remove it like a bank with an overdraft.

also it will only be 1 year, still bad but that's the bay for you.

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 00:43 
True fan
True fan

mikeystoyz wrote:

Have a good one
Chris

If she agrees to rescind the negative feedback you have one shot at having it removed on Ebay. Here is the link for revising seller feedback. http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/rev ... dback.html

As far as negative feedbacks are concerned, yes, the buyer has all the options. Personally it's a good thing in my opinion, gets rid of all the schmoes. If the seller screwed up, it's your right to let them have it.

8-) Elvis

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 04:39 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

sometimes the buyer is also a schmoe and needs a negitive feedback, oops, can't do that anymore on ebay.
so if you are a stupid buyer you have a get out of jail free PASS

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 05:59 
True fan
True fan

rein-o wrote:
sometimes the buyer is also a schmoe and needs a negitive feedback, oops, can't do that anymore on ebay.
so if you are a stupid buyer you have a get out of jail free PASS

True, but you can ban any buyers from bidding on your items. Often I will not allow non established buyers with no transaction history without communication first. Also you can set parameters for disallowing buyers with a set number of complaints filed against them or not allow international buyers or even choose the countries disallowed.
8-) Elvis

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 07:23 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Tried to communicate with ebay and they said they couldnt remove the negative 3 times even though it says they will remove negatives that mention cases. Life of an ebay person!

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 17:00 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i can't remember what was used but i had a negitive and ebay removed it since the it had some type of curse!!!

PostPosted: 10 May 2012, 17:18 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Ouch that stinks! If my Fugitive sleeve was in good condition I'd give it to you. If it helps the only difference (that I've found) was the 16:9 text on the rear and the number on the spine (but I could be wrong). At least be thankful that the discs didn't crack! You can print a new sleeve (if you're creative), but you can't just print out a new LD! :)

Maybe I'll do some hi-res scans of my sleeve and Photoshop out the bends if that'll help... sounds like a fun project!

I won 'The Beatles Anthology' on eBay, all the discs were fine... except one! Disc 8 had a crack, so the first chapter didn't play. Thankfully picked up another set cheap, the box wasn't in the best condition, but the LD was intact! Kinda a pity what you have to go through these days. The packaging was okay, I guess it was just that the box set was so heavy that if it took a tumble it could have had too much momentum and ended up damaging the disc... Again I didn't even get more then $5 from the seller. They wanted the whole package returned to get their USPS claim. :crazy:

Thankfully all the other LD's I've bought came fine, usually protected pretty well or double-packed in record cardboard boxes. I usually email the seller after the auction about shipping (telling them to ship it properly). It sounds paranoid, but it may be worth it. It sucks when a sleeve is bent, but it's worse when a disc is cracked!

PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 11:46 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

limeibook86 wrote:
I usually email the seller after the auction about shipping (telling them to ship it properly). It sounds paranoid, but it may be worth it. It sucks when a sleeve is bent, but it's worse when a disc is cracked!

I do the same although it sometimes falls on deaf ears.
One seller recently acknowledged my email and then proceeded to send a laserdisc in a jiffy bag with no other protection.
Not surprisingly the disc got cracked and the sleeve was destroyed (all creases, scrunched up corners, dings etc).
When I contacted the seller they initially didn't even bother to reply.
It was only when I raised a paypal dispute they finally replied and then only after 3 days!
They just blamed everyone except themselves for the item getting broken.
I did get a full refund eventually however it was not about the money it was about the title which I haven't seen another copy of.
Interesting that this same seller is going through a bad patch at the moment on Ebay with 5 neutrals and 5 negatives in the last 6 months and most of those in the last month!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 01:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hi!

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 16:22 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

a couple of weeks ago Duncan Hunter from ldservice contacted me tru pm about my issue. He offered a swap with his jacket of The fugitive squeezed for my ruined one at no charge other than shipping both ways. I shipped my jacket to him and asked him to use the same packaging to ship his LD jacket with the same packaging. I sent him the shipping cost over paypal. he shipped the good jacket to me in a better packaging than I used. All of this he didn't ask for anything extra.
I would like to thank him here one more time. He reminded me there is still a lot of good and honest people out there. I am looking forward to do business with him. I recommend him to anyone for his services. Duncan is a person you can trust.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 21:51 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Noted your entry substance....Thanks for posting follow-up here !
Nice to read a happy ending to a deal that headed south.........
Cheers !

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 01:04 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

substance wrote:
I won the auction for The Fugitive Anamorphic Edition in sealed brand new condition. The seller had ton of pictures the disc was in great shape. Today it arrived and I am pissed. the seller wrapped the LD in thin paper and nothing else. He also wrote on it (like a joke) "please do not bend". Naturally its ruined. all 4 corners bends, creases, pushed corners. It was supposed to be a 10/10 disc now barely a 6/10.

If it wasnt an anamorphic release I wouldnt care but I know I wont find another copy. I am really pissed. The seller is f1817. DO NOT BUY ANYthing from this seller. I already left a negative feedback.

Such a waste....

substance wrote:
all 4 corners this way. looks worst in real

What a Muppet! :roll: This is how The Arrival USA letterbox version turned up only the disc was cracked in half on side 2.

What's the seller user account name, just so I can avoid this happen again to me.

I hope you, got a refund and kept the Laserdic for free because that packing is taking the p!ss!

Is thus the little tossers account! Well I'd be avoiding him!
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/f1817

I see he has nothing for sale at present time. No doubt he packs every thing in cheap brown paper.

ucfmatt wrote:
I usually contact the seller before leaving neutral or negative feedback, but it was definitely justified here. A full refund would not even come close to making up for their flagrant disregard for proper packaging. I've had a few LD's that were shipped this way from Ebay. If it's something common then I'll just request a refund but if it's a rare disc it sucks badly. Hopefully the negative feedback will make them think twice before mailing out more this way.

I don't take into account whether they ship a lot of laserdiscs or not, as a seller you have a responsibility to package the item for shipping to ensure it arrives in the same condition it was shipped in.

Nah, the packing is down to sheer bone idle laziness. I could get a scrap cardboard box with bulletproof THX approval from rubbish bin :mrgreen: here waste not want not! Why not reuse the box and give it lots of bubble wrapping and extra cardboard inside and dozen fragile stickers all over the box.

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next