It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:50

Page 4 of 15 [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular non-paying buyer 'cararte'
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 00:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

reinbo wrote:
Don't ban him yet. I am curious what he's got to say.

By the way Still id not get my player or a refund. So all, beware.

i want to know also what he has to say, but snakes usually just go back into their hole and don't come out.
or prove us wrong cararte :problem:

as you know the saying "talk is cheap" "pictures are worth a thousand words"
so post the receipt that you paid and sent the package.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 23:40 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI.

josemaria's account was deleted and all recent transactions merged into the cararte one.

Respective sellers have been individually warned.

Regards,
Julien

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 07:10 
reinbo wrote:

I feel your pain. It was like pulling teeth trying to get him to cough up the player I bought.

He claimed many times to have sent the player but provided no proof or tracking. At the very same time he was telling me the player definitely shipped, he was trying to get Duncan Hunter here in Washington State to perform a tray swap on a couple of players because he had a client in Seattle (me) for one of them and he wanted to keep the better of the two trays. Yes, you heard that right....I had bought a 'brand new condition' boxed player and he was going to have Duncan service the player to give me a less than perfect tray. If I recall correctly, he also asked Duncan if he could ship the player to me after the work was done. Kind of weird considering he said it was almost on my doorstep. :P

Of course, Duncan told me all of this immediately and we hatched a simple plan to back him into a corner. I basically called him out on what he was asking Duncan to do and demanded an explanation, then opened a case with Ebay and PayPal per DaDon's suggestion. After all that, I finally got the player. The whole ordeal took a substantial number of months... Not my idea of a good time.

The guy is nuts.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 11:46 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

reinbo - I am hoping you did likewise and also logged a paypal dispute against our 'friend' cararte. It would be unwise paying him via any other method.
It does raise the question though how can this have gone on for so long?
Once an escalation is raised in paypal it should move along very swiftly.
In fact if is doesn't paypal will assume the case has been resolved amicably and will close the case themselves after a set time.
So how have you/he dragged this out for so long unless you are hoping for a miracle?

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 20:13 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I deleted the josemaria account, cararte did get back to me impersonating someone else:

Quote:
What happened to my account? I just made a payment today for a transaction and now my account is deleted?
Is this some kind of joke?

I demand an explanation for this act, as soon as possible.

If i knew this website was not safe i wouldn't have opened an account here, now the seller will not send me the items as he will not see my address there.
I will have to fill a Paypal claim right now and report this situation, i did nothing wrong and my acount was closed without any previous message.
You guys that own this site think this is the right way to do things? What did i do wrong?

My reply, still waiting for his:

Quote:
Quit complaining Ricardo.

You promised to stop creating new accounts on LDDb and you just did it, pretending to be someone else.

All your transactions have been moved back to "cararte" where they should have been in the first place.

Normally I should have deleted "cararte" as well.

Julien

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2012, 23:29 
:clap: Well played. Hopefully he gets a clue, but I somehow doubt it.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 05:52 
Honest fan
Honest fan

otakujohn wrote:
reinbo wrote:

I feel your pain. It was like pulling teeth trying to get him to cough up the player I bought.

He claimed many times to have sent the player but provided no proof or tracking. At the very same time he was telling me the player definitely shipped, he was trying to get Duncan Hunter here in Washington State to perform a tray swap on a couple of players because he had a client in Seattle (me) for one of them and he wanted to keep the better of the two trays. Yes, you heard that right....I had bought a 'brand new condition' boxed player and he was going to have Duncan service the player to give me a less than perfect tray. If I recall correctly, he also asked Duncan if he could ship the player to me after the work was done. Kind of weird considering he said it was almost on my doorstep. :P

Of course, Duncan told me all of this immediately and we hatched a simple plan to back him into a corner. I basically called him out on what he was asking Duncan to do and demanded an explanation, then opened a case with Ebay and PayPal per DaDon's suggestion. After all that, I finally got the player. The whole ordeal took a substantial number of months... Not my idea of a good time.

The guy is nuts.

Well this is exactly my experience. Just still hoping to get my player in the end...

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 05:52 
Honest fan
Honest fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
reinbo - I am hoping you did likewise and also logged a paypal dispute against our 'friend' cararte. It would be unwise paying him via any other method.
In fact if is doesn't paypal will assume the case has been resolved amicably and will close the case themselves after a set time.
So how have you/he dragged this out for so long unless you are hoping for a miracle?

I did, but he wrote to paypal that everything was fine and they closed the case.... So not much help there.

I have given up hope. That's why I took the story on line. Now he is out n the open and everybody can see his actions. I think he should be banned here. He is bad news.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 05:59 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

HOw did he close the case? DId he provide your signature? If not I would go and protest it as anything over 250 dollars needs a signature and if he proved he had one he committed fraud. Unless of course you are lying, but why would you be here protesting so much and he is hiding? :D

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 07:17 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

reinbo wrote:
laserdisc_fan wrote:

I did, but he wrote to paypal that everything was fine and they closed the case.... So not much help there.

I have given up hope. That's why I took the story on line. Now he is out n the open and everybody can see his actions. I think he should be banned here. He is bad news.

Perhaps you could ask Julien to give him an ultimatum? Something like "refund reinbo or be banned"?

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 09:33 
Site Admin
Site Admin

naiaru wrote:
Perhaps you could ask Julien to give him an ultimatum? Something like "refund reinbo or be banned"?

For a transaction that took place out of LDDb, I would be stretching my authority a little far.

But I'm still waiting for a reply on the whole josemaria-cararte lies.
If none comes soon, I'll delete cararte as well.

There are historically 235 negative feedbacks and 77 neutral feedbacks left for buyers.
cararte is respectively 41 (17.5%) and 13 (16.9%) of those.

Julien

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 16:07 
Honest fan
Honest fan

mikeystoyz wrote:
HOw did he close the case? DId he provide your signature? If not I would go and protest it as anything over 250 dollars needs a signature and if he proved he had one he committed fraud. Unless of course you are lying, but why would you be here protesting so much and he is hiding? :D

It did arrive, only broken. So he told them he was taking care of the repair. He still is.......

I'm not lying. I think you will not find anybody in the laserdisc world that calls me a lair or a cheat. Lot's of stories about him. So choose who to believe. We can all see how his behavior is. He said I would get my player weeks ago. Everybody can tell that did not happen. But he still can ship and I will let you all know he did......

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 18:34 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Go back to paypal and tell them it was not as described and deny his claim. You dont have what you bought. By the way , I believe you :) Lol

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 18:49 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

cases with paypal don't stay open forever, it could have also closed due to time.
i lost some money due to not opening the case early enough.
all must pay attention to the rules of paypal, timing is everything.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 19:12 
Honest fan
Honest fan

They don't do very much if you buy outside ebay.....

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 23:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yes they do, you can still file a chargback for item not as described! I am guessing it was a timing issue.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 00:26 
And now beware of eBay ID ld-collector (Jose Maria), living in Portugal with a home in New Jersey. A good friend of mine almost got skunked on an equipment sale. It was listed as "no international" but becuase of the New Jersey address a buy it now was done and THEN "so sorry, can you ship to Portugal?"
Even though for many selling on eBay and the like is a hobby it still bites to get "had"

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 06:10 
Honest fan
Honest fan

admin wrote:
Actually he wrote to me today:

Quote:
I am contacting the sellers to complete the pending transactions.
After i do this, can i please open a new account and can you give me a chance to start from 0? I promise you this won't happen again.

I don't see the value of starting from 0. I'd rather have him become a good guy again and actually start paying for what he's purchasing from the same cararte account.

If he can show a stream of recent positive feedback, that would tell more than wiping yet-another-account.

Julien

Could you ask him about my player. He has not answered my email for over a month now. Maybe an intermediate would help. (You probably get a lot of BS stories that he is fixing it and I'm the bad guy. But just explain him he should ship it or refund. That's how normal and straight people do their business.)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 06:13 
Just ask (or read) what it took for otakujohn to get his player. It was a ton of grief, emails not answered, but with leverage it finally worked out.
Best of luck to you !!

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 19:54 
ldservice wrote:
It was a ton of grief

Man, what are you talking about? It was LOADS of fun. :roll: I now have a great new drinking habit because of that whole experience. :lol:

And after all that headache, I suspect the player has some kind of non-mechanical circuitry fault. One of these days I'd still like to haul the thing down and do a comparison between it and an S2 to see if the line issue is indeed the player, or if it's a problem with the LDs. To Ricardo's credit, he did send me a PM on AVS from one of his many accounts saying that he would be taking apart an X0 soon and he could send me a board from it. I didn't take him up on the offer because I'd rather not deal with him again. Besides, I still don't even know if it actually has a problem.

Page 4 of 15 [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next