It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:36

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Criterion Collection going 4K UHD finally!
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2022, 17:11 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

nissling wrote:
Talk about missing a point on purpose. The Social Network looks fantastic on UHD thanks to its implementation of HDR. It's a night and day difference. As for detail and sharpness it is pretty much identical to the existing Blu-Ray which is to be expected. But yes, I am very fond of the film itself too. Can't see why anyone would care about what anyone has to say about a film without even seeing it, tho in the end it is only your loss.

I knew you'd say that...all of that. I know the discussion was about HDR, I was making a side comment. I didn't feel natural to for me to specifically say that but I guess I have to.

Does Zuckerberg not turn your stomach? Does the ignorance Facebook spreads every single day not gross you out? Why would anyone want to learn about the guy and his horrible website for hours? If it were critical of him, maybe, since he's a tone deaf billionaire jerk, but I've seen enough stuff from Aaron Sorkin at this point to know his MO and it seems unlikely it would be critical of him. He loves to tell us how smart smart people are, people smarter than him. "These people are sooooooo smart.", he says, in everything he makes. He's like Joe Rogan with a degree. I can't imagine it being anything but laudatory of MZ and with way too many scenes were people nag each other like husband and wife...in 4K! I'm not going to waste my time watching a puff piece about a horrible person. Call me closed minded, but every second of it would bother the hell out of me. I'm asking you why such a thing would be enjoyable. I'd rather watch Leni Riefenstahl movies, at least then there's no confusion. The propaganda value of her work is considered to be fully expired...except on certain Facebook groups, of course...

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2022, 18:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I'm not a big fan of Facebook nor Zuckerberg, neither do you have to be to find the film good. It's not exactly a sympathetic portrait of Zuckerberg and its primary focus is the legal procedure rather than the site or any of its features. Fincher handles it extremely well. Considering how much you seem to hate Zuckerberg, I'd honestly recommend you giving it a watch. Pretty much all of your disgust would be confirmed anyway. In fact, I think you'd genuinely like it.

Either way, do you have anything of interest to add to this topic? Every post you've made in this thread has been complete nonsense so far with no value whatsoever.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2022, 20:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Yeah this is an important film of someone who is now in control of the internet and most of the world.
It was Jobs but now its this guy until he's replaced by the next one.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2