It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:15

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Pictures or videos of Muse Hi-Vision discs
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 22:17 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

publius wrote:
I wonder if I can make a multi-channel audio recording with my computer. I have a digital audio input, & decoders with digital audio outputs, but the problem is that there are separate outputs for 1/L+2/R & 3/C+4/S. I could record them separately, but getting the timing correct is a problem!

Well, for some reason, I can't seem to record the digital audio stream. I get an error, "cannot open recording device", or simply nothing at all. Maybe the copyright bit is set.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 00:29 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Well, I succeeded in capturing B-Mode (2 channels, 48 kHz/16 bits, differenced & companded to 11 bits/6 ranges) via SPDIF. Here is a sample, from the beginning of Hills of the Seasons. It's one minute, a standard .WAV file at 48/16, about 10 MB.

Still working on A-Mode, though.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 06:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

That Muse sounds pretty good, being I have the NTSC of that I can compare it too.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 08:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Well, my attempts to capture & assemble video & audio have so far met with less success than would have been gratifying. I wound up doing analog recording of A-Mode 3-1 channel stereo. Here is a ZIP file, about 65 MB, containing WAV files of Left/Right and Center/Surround for the demo material in chapters 15-17 of The Test Disc, as decoded by my MSC-3000, as well as a two-channel downmix from my HV-VMD1.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 12:13 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Supremely pleased to offer up these shots of a MUSE Hi-Vision LaserDisc:

Ferrari of the Art
(Review link)

Someone converted his copy to 18Mbps 1080i MPEG-2 + WAV. These are screencaps from that file. I can help anyone obtain the entire video, if you want (posted to Usenet).

[Gallery link containing these same images]

Having never seen a MUSE disc, I'm highly impressed with the quality of this file. And to know that it's a conversion, so the original analog video is actually slightly better, is amazing. Sadly I don't think the guy who did this has converted any filmic content at this point.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 03:32 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Hey guys..

Someone just posted a sample clip of Cliffhanger on Hi-Vision MUSE. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLlDaudGnQ

The quality looks really good. It's certainly worthy of being HD.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 23:30 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

msgohan wrote:
Someone converted his copy to 18Mbps 1080i MPEG-2 + WAV. These are screencaps from that file. I can help anyone obtain the entire video, if you want (posted to Usenet).

Having never seen a MUSE disc, I'm highly impressed with the quality of this file. And to know that it's a conversion, so the original analog video is actually slightly better, is amazing. Sadly I don't think the guy who did this has converted any filmic content at this point.

I captured and compressed this title. Never did the movies, the movies (mostly) failed to look better than the DVD parts. I captured a few NEC Fish discs (to preserve in case of hardware failure) as well as some of the scenery discs. Surprised most of the scenery titles have never been offered even on Blu-Ray. Fish Exhibition/Okinawa, I have both a BS broadcast version, a U.S. broadcast (likely from HDVS disc) version, as well as the MUSE captured version. The MUSE version looks really good, nearly indistinguishable from the digital showings.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 21:28 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

would love to see the complete video of this disc

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2021, 18:32 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

museld wrote:
msgohan wrote:

I captured and compressed this title. Never did the movies, the movies (mostly) failed to look better than the DVD parts. I captured a few NEC Fish discs (to preserve in case of hardware failure) as well as some of the scenery discs. Surprised most of the scenery titles have never been offered even on Blu-Ray. Fish Exhibition/Okinawa, I have both a BS broadcast version, a U.S. broadcast (likely from HDVS disc) version, as well as the MUSE captured version. The MUSE version looks really good, nearly indistinguishable from the digital showings.

Could you upload these video captures and broadcast recordings somewhere? Maybe archive.org(Ferrari of the Art can be found there)? This kind of video material is very scarce these days so every contribution is appreciated.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2021, 11:20 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I recently got hold of a copy of A River Runs Through It [PILH-1006] This is the best film based Muse LD release I’ve seen to date - greenish tint is totally absent here and overall clarity and sharpness are truly outstanding for the best part with very few compression artifacts noticable. I’m rather confident this disc could give the obviously much later released Blu-ray disc a fair run for its money, even the night time scenes hold up very well but the river and general scenery shots look quite stunning not to mention close ups - a fews pics below simply using iPhone 6s pointing at a 226cm 16:9 screen so not even close to the true image quality but it certainly gives a fair hint….

Will post a few more shots when I get a chance if anyone is interested!
https://postimg.cc/gallery/srTrSjH

JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 11:36 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I found an HD still shot of this HDVS title Astronomer's Dream, The (1993) [00QW-9055]

Not a MUSE disc but I thought I'd post it anyway. If someone wants to watch the whole thing it's available here in glorious SD quality: https://vimeopro.com/cinemusenetwork/cinemuse-unlimited-access-library/video/180574925?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2