It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:10

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Most Wanted Muse HI-Vision Titles...
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 11:31 
There are quite a few desirable discs, such as ShowGilrs (never understud why, since it's censored....ok it was the Last Muse Movie, but not so much desirable for me).
Then we have the holy Grails, such as:

- Terminator 2
- Jumanji
- E.T
- Jurassic Park
- Legends of the Fall
- A River Runs Trough It....

But if you all check the market, even the Japanese market the most desirable Muse Hi-Vision Movies in the World are BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY.

I personally had mine at ebay in like new condition for sale for a while....had a few offers, but didn't sold it.
I am glad, because there a few 100% Trilogies in the World, but in like new condition, how many collector's have them, with Original Plastic, booklets with no dirt, scratches or any kind of marks...

How many of you agree with me, that these are the rarest and the coolest movies to have on Muse Hi-Vision?

Post subject: Re: Most Wanted Muse HI-Vision Titles...
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 16:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

They don't interest me much. Really none of the "movie" titles do.

Since I already have The Test Disc, my "most wanteds" are Ursa Minor Blue, Imperial Wedding Ceremony, & any of the Japanese alignment discs (at least one of which appears to be the 20 cm size). Beyond that, the various demo discs also have their appeal. But the Hollywood films? No thanks.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 18:05 
Site Admin
Site Admin

cararte wrote:
But if you all check the market, even the Japanese market the most desirable Muse Hi-Vision Movies in the World are BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY.

MUSE movie transfer were not very good in today's term. They tend to have a greenish tint to them and a little blurry image. Who cares if they're in perfect condition? The point is to watch the discs, not admire the plastic on the cover!

I like the MUSE video transfer a lot better. Steady, clear, natural looking.

The most I would pay for the BTTF trilogy is what I paid to get mine: $180.

Julien

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 18:22 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

admin wrote:
MUSE movie transfer were not very good in today's term. They tend to have a greenish tint to them and a little blurry image. Who cares if they're in perfect condition? The point is to watch the discs, not admire the plastic on the cover!
Julien

If the only point were to watch them I dont see any real point in paying so much money for one either. For some strange reason collectors seem to me more forgiving with these Muse titles. The missing sticker obi doesnt seem to bother anyone, myself would prob. never buy one if the obi was missing.

If you would collect vinyl records, a rare japanese title easy drops 50% of the full value if the obi were missing, if not more. doesnt mather if its a small sticker obi or a real stripe obi.

I would say that in a collection if you collect these "premium" titles, then the condition are a big part if the collecting aswell.

But I guess everyone has a different opinion =)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 19:28 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I don't have a Muse player.....but if I did the ones that would interest me the most were ones not released in regular NTSC laserdisc (I can think of a few) and also the test/demonstrator muse discs.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 20:26 
johan184 wrote:
admin wrote:
Julien

If the only point were to watch them I dont see any real point in paying so much money for one either. For some strange reason collectors seem to me more forgiving with these Muse titles. The missing sticker obi doesnt seem to bother anyone, myself would prob. never buy one if the obi was missing.

If you would collect vinyl records, a rare japanese title easy drops 50% of the full value if the obi were missing, if not more. doesnt mather if its a small sticker obi or a real stripe obi.

I would say that in a collection if you collect these "premium" titles, then the condition are a big part if the collecting aswell.

But I guess everyone has a different opinion =)

I totally agree with you.
I love to see a Mint Box Set or cover...

If the purpose is only to watch the movie, then i wouldnt pay either $180 USD, when you can have them cheaper Julien.
The main purpose for me to own these titles is bcause of the rarity, specially in like new condition.
Either you consider or not, its the RAREST AND MORE EXCLUSIVE FORMAT TO OWN BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY

I had some offers, people always try to get them as cheap as possible, but then they dont sell cheap, they will keep them of course.

Thats why i probably wont list them anymore and will wait for a fair sale in the future.
Back to the Future II is very rare, and Back to the Future III even more rare...

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 20:48 
True fan
True fan

It seems to me you only want to promote the fact that this trigoly that you own is a very desirable item,
and any collector should be glad you can provide them for just a little more that a thousand $$$.
How nice of you.

I'm also a Muse collector, and I miss BTTF2 & 3 but I'll never pay more than $200 apiece for mint w/obi copies.
And I know I'll get them, I just have to be patient.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 21:20 
No, you are wrong...i dont care if i keep them or i sell them.

For $200 USD in Mint condition? You better act quick when you see them for that price, because i will buy them within seconds if i see them for that price. LOL

I am selling a few stuff that is truth, but some people here are getting the wrong picture. I know the quality of the items that i have, and to be honnest, if they sell its ok, if they dont i dont really care, its not about the money.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 22:38 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I think it is a silly topic. If you enjoy what you have, why do you care whether anyone else does?

And, honestly, what difference does it make if something is "rare & exclusive"? This kind of value has never made any sense to me. If I like something, I wouldn't like it any less if everybody in the world had one. To me, the purpose of owning a copy of a movie is to watch it, not to drool on the pristine plastic packaging, or to point at it & say "ha-ha! I have this & you don't!"

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 07:44 
LOL AHAHAHAHAHA

Its not about that Publius, its to know how many few people give actually importance to these pieces of history and take this seriosly as i do.

The Muse Market is completely different from the regular NTSC market...

Some people look for these cheap...sometimes they find...well and condition is not the best of course. What value does a non-mint muse disc has? None for me...

And also buy Muse Hi-Vision to watch and dont care about the covers?! I dont think so...i i start thinking that way i would buy Blu Rays, its cheaper and with better picture. LOL

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 11:12 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I think the tone in here starting to become quite unpleasent...

I think the muse-titles dont attract so many people becouse that they cant even play them. However, many collectors would jump on a bargain just to have them.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 13:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

publius wrote:
I think it is a silly topic.

Agreed. It seems to be descending into a "no body can afford my stuff" rant.

I personally think that the world of collecting has changed massively in the past 15 years since ebay came along; an item is now only worth what people will pay.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 19:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I find Hi-Vision LD, & the whole NHK MUSE/Hi-Vision system, fascinating as a technical achievement. That is my leading interest in it. But I would like it better if it were less "exclusive". I would very much like to grab a copy of Princess Mononoke Hi-Vision (there were rumours that some of the Ghibli films would be released on MUSE LD, but production ended in late 1997, so the HD transfer the NTSC disc was struck from was never used for that purpose), pop it in my HIL-C3 (Sony US model, little information available but apparently similar to the HIL-C2EX), sit back, & enjoy. But that's not possible, & I regret that deeply. If the discs & players had been a little cheaper, a little more widely available, there might have been many more releases (& copies pressed of each release) which we could still be enjoying today.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 23:14 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I like collecting items in mint or near mint condition and I respect collectors who have looked after their laserdiscs however I have to admit MUSE films would have very little appeal to me.

Firstly if we are talking about movies like Back To The Future I would not pay a premium for such content which is so readily available elsewhere. Perhaps if they had produced some music concerts that would have grabbed my attention but definitely not run of the mill blockbusters!

It also seems from the comments films transferred to MUSE were nothing special to watch in terms of picture quality so why purchase them? If you like to see the potential of the format the various comments on the forum suggest demo discs are more worthy purchases. Personally if it was demo discs I'd be happy with titles in less than perfect condition because I would be interested in watching them for illustrative purposes rather than keeping them in new sealed condition.

Finally and perhaps most importantly it seems the MUSE format was also plagued with laser rot! - all 3 Back To The Future titles and other MUSE titles as well have reported instances of laser rot on lddb.com. With that being the case I do not like the idea of paying $1000 or more for 3 titles that are highly likely to be rotted unless the seller could confirm otherwise which I suspect Cararte would be unwilling to do.

Therefore the term white elephant springs to mind when I think of MUSE movies!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 23:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Finally and perhaps most importantly it seems the MUSE format was also plagued with laser rot! - all 3 Back To The Future titles and other MUSE titles as well have reported instances of laser rot on lddb.com. With that being the case I do not like the idea of paying $1000 or more for 3 titles that are highly likely to be rotted unless the seller could confirm otherwise which I suspect Cararte would be unwilling to do.

Not came across a MUSE disc ever, that was even slightly effected by rot.
How reliable is this information I wonder...
I never owned BTTF 2 and 3 tho.
BTTF 1 was one of the better releases even.
What's nice about MUSE movies is the Digipack Box, which is really neatly done.
Unless some weirdo treated it bad and the trays broke... that ruins it for me, kinda.
But yeah, Demo Discs is the thing for me these days that makes me keep my MUSE decoder and a handful of discs.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 23:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Firstly if we are talking about movies like Back To The Future I would not pay a premium for such content which is so readily available elsewhere. Perhaps if they had produced some music concerts that would have grabbed my attention but definitely not run of the mill blockbusters!

There are a few, actually. Mostly classical, but see :

DeJohnette/Hancock/Holland/Metheny: In Concert (1990) [ALD-3904])
Keith Jarrett Trio: Live at Open Theater East (1993) [VALJ-3901~2]

Having been shot on video, rather than transferred from film, they should have better picture than is common for the movie discs.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 05:10 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I know some of the scenery discs would have pretty good picture, and if I ever get a Muse player these are ones I would look for. I have these ones in regular ld (with really good picture quality) which were also released in Hi-Vision Muse. So I'm sure the Muse discs should be quite good.

Maeda Hills Of The Season
Okinawa
Alaska The Last Frontier
Kamui of the Okhotsk

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 07:50 
There are no signs of ROT in my Trilogy. Its like new, plays like new.

I also never saw any ROT in Muse Discs. If you check the info at LDDB, seems like one guy has putted slight ROT in all of the Muse Discs.

Like i said, if i sell them its ok, if dont, i dont mind.

And lons_vex is right, this is one of the the Best Muse Releases, the picture is very good, very film-like, actually almost nobody talks about this release because very few have this trilogy.

Here is a video o Muse Hi-Vision Movies manufacturing, check what movie they are recording....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMb37MY-6yQ

The colours at Back to the Future Trilogy in Muse Hi-Vision are very rich, and comparing to Blu Ray, its not a matter of being better or worst, its different.
You you like the old film-like with quality, its something to own, but you prefer a pristine transfer without that look, Blu Ray is the one to go.
Its only a matter of taste...

And i am not trying to sell it with all this speach... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 18:32 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Hi-Vision-Muse-L ... 339wt_1396

12 Muse movies for 1700 €... I wish I had won the lottery :)

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 23:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

He has been offering them before in a german forum and on ebay (each disc alone that is).
Seems he did not manage to sell even one of them.
Most are missing the obi (or obi sticker in some cases).
And I don't see anyone buying the set for that price.

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next