It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Squeeze LDs for rent
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 10:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If you'd like to find out first-hand what 16:9 anamorphic NTSC LaserDisc looks like, but aren't really interested in buying one of the available titles, or are waiting for something in particular to come up, why not rent one from me? I admit the selection is limited, but I will probably pick up more later, especially if there's a good response to this offer.

Discs Available
Tahiti (Note : I think this video has as many bare female breasts per minute of running time as Showgirls, and without the pathetic attempts at acting!)
Terminator 2
(By special arrangement only, please inquire)
The Test Disk for Wide Television (My copy does not have the defect described in the LDDb entry)

Terms
Offer good in USA & possessions only, to avoid issues with customs. You pay postage by USPS Priority Mail, with tracking & insurance, both ways, plus the rental fee. The fee is $15 per week, per disc, calculated from the date that you receive the parcel until the date you send it again (according to the USPS Delivery Confirmation information), with one day's grace allowed. In other words, if you get it on a Wednesday & send it again the following Wednesday, that counts as one week.

Send me a private message via this forum when you are interested in a rental. When the disc(s) you want is (are) available, I will inform you ; on receipt of a deposit of $70 (for one disc ; ask regarding multiple rentals), I will mail the disc(s) & provide tracking information. Once you have mailed the disc(s) back, we will settle up, with one of us paying the other, depending on whether the deposit is greater or less than the total of my postage costs plus the actual rental charge. PayPal is preferred, using the "personal" option to avoid fees, but other arrangements can be made.

Discs will ship in a generic packaging, using plastic-lined paper inner sleeves in plain card jackets, to avoid damage to the original packaging.

Post subject: Re: Squeeze LDs for rent
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 13:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I've often thought about suggesting something similar, but as I have very few laserdiscs (only a handful probably of interest to others) and I live in the UK I didn't think I'd be the best person to start it up. Unfortunatly as I live in the UK I can't take up the chance to rent one of your discs but if anyone would be interested in setting up something similar in the UK I would be very interested.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 21:23 
A $70 deposit to rent one disc? How much does it cost just to buy a squeeze disc.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 21:38 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

jamisonia wrote:
A $70 deposit to rent one disc? How much does it cost just to buy a squeeze disc.

Well, the idea is that it's roughly a month's rental plus my cost of shipping. The whole point is that you're likely to get part of it back, unless you keep it for long enough that you might as well buy one. Lowest price for a Squeeze disc on LDDb right now is $40 for a copy of Free Willy, located in France, & the next lowest is $43 for a defective copy of the Test Disk, located in Japan.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]