It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:36

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: question on player
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 06:38 
I have an RCA Selectavision and it works but when you watch a movie all you get is a black screen ... is this the stylus or is it a bigger problem

Post subject: Re: question on player
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 15:09 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i had one once, it may be the stylus or even the disc.
did you try another disc??? also i think i rememeber reading that it could be the newer TVs that give black screens.
do you hear audio??? but just no image.
and double check the cables

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 17:54 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I have this problem with mine. The disc tracks all the way to the end of the side without ever incrementing the counter or showing a picture or sound. It has a new stylus.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2013, 15:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Often, with modern TV sets, the CED signal is not stable enough to permit the set to display it. This typically happens with modern LED, LCD and/or Plasma sets. These modern sets actually take the analog signal and convert it to digital for display. They typically have been designed to accept either NTSC or PAL signals, and display either one without problem. Since the analog conversion circuitry had to be there anyway, it was easier and cheaper to make the sets accepatable to either analog PAL or NTSC.

What you often get with a CED or another format that has a lesser signal, usually not the case with LD, is one of these: Screen stays blue or black or flickers to blue or black, or you get a wavy, jerky image that's difficult to watch. I went through 3 CED players before realizing the set was the problem. Some sets that do this will be okay if the CED player is input to analog channel 3 or 4. but not always. The only way I found around this problem is to either watch CEDs on a big CRT set, or use a video enhancer/scaler/converter that is more adept at the digital conversion than the TV, and it made for a much better image.

Speaking of such, Zeta, I did not hear back from you about returning the cracked Hitachi unit for another. I thought that was what you were going to do and I sent you an email about getting that done, but got no reply to it.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2013, 15:43 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

signofzeta wrote:
I have this problem with mine. The disc tracks all the way to the end of the side without ever incrementing the counter or showing a picture or sound. It has a new stylus.

It still could be a stylus problem (or something else). See this post here about a person with the same issues.

http://www.cedmagic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2106

Look for the post by the fellow named Jimbe.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]