It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:24

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: I got a JVC HM-DH4000U
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 17:39 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I realize I probably should have asked this before taking the plunge but oh well....

Does the video improve by connecting a composite video from a CLD-79 or other video source to the VCR then Component out to the receiver which goes HDMI out to the TV? or do I need something like DVDO or whatever for improved video quality? I want to ultimately hook this up to capture device on the computer and capture video that way. would that be possible too?

ended up getting
Alien
Independence Day
Ghost Dog way of the samurai
might get a few more but some of the more interesting ones are harder to find.

Post subject: Re: I got a JVC HM-DH4000U
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 05:42 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

ios wrote:
I realize I probably should have asked this before taking the plunge but oh well....

Does the video improve by connecting a composite video from a CLD-79 or other video source to the VCR then Component out to the receiver which goes HDMI out to the TV? or do I need something like DVDO or whatever for improved video quality? I want to ultimately hook this up to capture device on the computer and capture video that way. would that be possible too?

ended up getting
Alien
Independence Day
Ghost Dog way of the samurai
might get a few more but some of the more interesting ones are harder to find.

If the component output is above 480i (I'm assuming DVHS VCRs output 1080i, right?) then it might be better, only if the VCR is better at scaling than your TV (or whatever you were using before)

The comb filter being used would be different, to find out which is better you should check with Video Essentials.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 14:30 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I did and it seems fine though I do have problems with remote so probably can't tweak as much as I like. I think the Pioneer VSK 1019HK would be pass through and not upconvert the signal or am I wrong on that? I'll have to check the manual again

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 03:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

ios wrote:
I did and it seems fine though I do have problems with remote so probably can't tweak as much as I like. I think the Pioneer VSK 1019HK would be pass through and not upconvert the signal or am I wrong on that? I'll have to check the manual again

the Pioneer website says it'll up convert to 1080p.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 13:21 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I have (among others) an Elite DVL-90 and find its YC output superior to any CVBS to xxx conversion point in my whole system. (FYR: on the contrary, the CLD-925's YC out is not nearly as good and I don't suggest using it ever.)
Anyway, I go out of the Pioneer with YC, into a Pansonic BD Recorder and from there in 1080p HDMI through the receiver (no changes here) to a Panasonic TH50PZ800. With good LaserDiscs the picture is good, with bad LDs, the picture makes you cry, as you'd expect from a 50" screen watched from 2.8 meters away. :)

If its a LaserVision discs, I leave the Audio with it, anything else goes out coaxial through a B & K DT-1 RF demodulator.

Your player came out 2 yrs before mine, so maybe you do benefit from an outbord Y/C adapter. I used a Kramer once and the result was very good. Better than the Extron.

I also have the Pro-version of the HM-DH4000U but I have never compared its inputs. Maybe I should.... :think:

What's your display? I don't quite understand what you promise yourself to achieve with this setup. Mind you also have to route the audio somehow.

Cheers,

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 21:16 
Serious fan
Serious fan

hey ralph! does your BD recorder have digital coaxial or optical ins to record the digital sound???

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]