It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:01

Page 6 of 6 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:29 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

substance wrote:
Sad to say it but not worth buying.

John Connor, turns evil and tries to end the world with a new software marketing thing in future 2017 to destory humankind. I like giving spoliers away as there was no plot to this it was just :wtf: random of action cgi? Well at least the random action was paced out it was better than that Jurrsic World that I found myself skipping though and took it back within 12 hours for a full refund, that was the worst skywalker sound mix I listened too in decades and I wasn't having it. So far Genisys managed to hold up with repeated plays of the end credits at least 25 times so try and beat that. :mrgreen:

I left my CPU brain outside the home cinema so it wouldn't get overloaded. :lol:

I was disappointed not to see any apes, running around on the Golden Gate Bridge. :mrgreen:

John Connor, is alive at the end, I hate these scenes popping up between the end credits. X-Men did it, I think Fantastic 4 (2005) did it I just hate it. Oh, the Matrix II did it and those Avengers or was it Iron Man? I find it bloody annoying.

Well at least there was a few dialouge smooth timber matched pans.

Rating for Genisys, out of 10 I'd give it 4.5.

The Terminator 10 out of 10 and still a "nice night for a walk" :mrgreen:
Terminator 2 10 out of 10 "baby"
Terminator 3 6 out of 10
Terminator Salvation... I erased that one from my CPU memory I have no files on it, its a solid 0. ("Just a minute. Just a minute" I'm picking up a faint transmission it says. 1 out of 10. :thumbdown:

Last edited by laserbite34 on 13 Jan 2016, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:40 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I agree with your grading. The issue is they make terrible remakes and reboots but still manage to make half a billion profit. I am sure the new sw force awakens is going to suck big time because they handed it to the worst possible director. First 2 SW films were done in somewhat art house directing, very not hollywood style, especially the empire. These hardcore hollywood directors can't replicate the feel of the empire.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:51 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

substance wrote:
I agree with your grading. The issue is they make terrible remakes and reboots but still manage to make half a billion profit. I am sure the new sw force awakens is going to suck big time because they handed it to the worst possible director. First 2 SW films were done in somewhat art house directing, very not hollywood style, especially the empire. These hardcore hollywood directors can't replicate the feel of the empire.

You forget the ticket prices of today are far more costly than 40 years ago. If ticket for adult was £1.50 and child 80p I'd like to see what it would make today.

So far watched the end credits over 45 times so if that was at london at the rip off prices of £20.00 it would cost me £900 so that's £900 loss to this film. Most people with their home cinemas wouldn't even think that? I played a few scenes of the opening before resuming the film a few times so about £1000.00, grand as if you wanted to see the film again for a scene that you liked you have to pay again. 40 years ago and more you pay once and can stay in the cinema all day watching STAR WARS in Dolby Stereo. But as soon as you leave the cinema premises you have to pay to get back in. You can wonder down to foyer and get a hot dog or coke, if you like drinking toilet cleaner drink and eating meat with a condom wrapped around it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 12:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Is that price with or without inflation? If it is without, then the price is "higher" in todays value. :) From what I found out, using a UK inflation calculator, the ticket prices would be 13.98 for adult and 7.46 for a child in todays value. Calculated with 1975 as the year they cost 0.80 and 1.50.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 18:22 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Overall I really enjoyed this film. While I tend to agree with the ratings above it did a great job of entertaining me.

One of my favourite effects on first viewing was when Arnie steps of of his commandeered police car after the bus flip; as he steps out the car is still sliding away from camera, it was so well done and got a chorus of 'that was cool' watching on the big screen here. And the sound mix was great too, a thumping .1 track and up there with some of the best three dimensional pans of object sounds around the room I've heard. Also one of the few soundtracks to light the SB Flag indicator on my trusty old AVC-A1SE. I get the feeling the sound engineers put some real effort into this one.

Yeah, Arnie was 'Terminator Salvation' it just wouldn't have been the same without him in this, and I enjoyed the references/homage they pay to the first two films even if it felt like a direct steal at times. The three ages of Arnie was good too, especially when he fights his younger self.

As for Abrams... I enjoyed the first ST reboot, but the Khan thing just fell real flat for me. Trying to keep a totally open mind on SW, I like already they seem to have made a deliberate decision to use more real sets and less CGI, have tickets for the first friday night it's out here so we'll see......

Post subject: Re: What have you been watching? (2015)
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2019, 00:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To be continued on: What have you been watching? (2016)

Page 6 of 6 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6