It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:02

Page 2 of 6 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 23:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

last night, it was babe. then predator 2.
finished apollo 13 as of 1:15pm

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 01:49 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Tonight and for at least a week every night I am warching Star Trek TOS. RIP Spock

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 07:55 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Watched the Criterion Blu-Ray of A Hard Day's Night recently. Found the film to be a much more enjoyable comedy than before. The restoration was excellent and puts every earlier edition to shame. Only negative was some slightly visible macroblocking in the background during the airing which unfortunately can be found on several Blu-Rays by Criterion. Audio (LPCM stereo, 20/48) was perfect.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2015, 16:36 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Been catching up with the Continuum series as of lately. Gets more and more excited for every episode. Really sad that this canadian gem of science fiction has been cancelled, but it will get a fourth season of six concluding episodes.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2015, 01:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Watched The Dirty Dozen (1967) (Uncut) [ML102042]

Great colour, deep blacks and good textures. This was quite a strong transfer, better than I expected.

Never saw the film prior to this either, it was quite enjoyable.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2015, 16:54 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Been recording some of my adult titles to DVD so I can toss them on ebay (I'm getting too many LDs for my small abode, so some of them have to go)

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 00:33 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello everyone,

Around three weeks ago I went to see ''JUPITER ASCENDING at the Local ODEON and found this very interesting, although it fell short on the character building, but have been informed that around ''an HOURS FOOTAGE'' had been cropped from this feature before release.

Globalists / Illuminates agenda written into the script.........Like both of the director brothers previous MATRIX work.

Looking forward to a possible directors cut with more substance on BLU-RAY..........A definite purchase none the less.

Kind Regards to everyone

:wave: :thumbup:

Last edited by benmbe on 23 Jun 2015, 06:07, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 01:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Watched In Like Flint (1967) on NTSC laserdisc last night - the recording quality etc. was pretty good, unfortunately the film wasn't. I last saw this when I was about 14 and thought it was fun, but the plot is VERY basic and full of holes, and incredibly sexist even for its day. I know it's supposed to be a James Bond parody, but even Bond was never quite this crass. There are some fun moments, such as Flint's hijacking of an airliner bound for Cuba: during his escape he walks through the plane leading a rousing chorus of a Russian song. The film-makers helpfully add "sing-along" subtitles with a bouncing ball to help follow the song. In Cyrillic lettering... But this sight gag is unfortunately one of the few high points of the film.

I remember its predecessor, Our Man Flint, as being better. But I'm probably not going to make any great effort to find it, in case it turns out I'm remembering that one with rose-tinted glasses as well.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 02:21 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

ffutures wrote:
Watched In Like Flint (1967) on NTSC laserdisc last night - the recording quality etc. was pretty good, unfortunately the film wasn't. I last saw this when I was about 14 and thought it was fun, but the plot is VERY basic and full of holes, and incredibly sexist even for its day. I know it's supposed to be a James Bond parody, but even Bond was never quite this crass. There are some fun moments, such as Flint's hijacking of an airliner bound for Cuba: during his escape he walks through the plane leading a rousing chorus of a Russian song. The film-makers helpfully add "sing-along" subtitles with a bouncing ball to help follow the song. In Cyrillic lettering... But this sight gag is unfortunately one of the few high points of the film.

I remember its predecessor, Our Man Flint, as being better. But I'm probably not going to make any great effort to find it, in case it turns out I'm remembering that one with rose-tinted glasses as well.

I have in like flint and our man flint in the pipe line, and should receive these two and a number of other movies by the end of June 2015.

I am looking forward to owning these two movies, maining for nostalgic and stylized reasons........I like the fashions, James Coburn ............These movies are what they are, and I for one like this sort of material......Thank you for sharing.

Kind Regards

:thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2015, 23:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Can't really justify buying Our Man Flint on LD, no vendors have it in the UK and it's a bit pricey for a film I can probably live without, but I've just ordered the DVD which is pretty cheap. Hopefully have it some time in the next few days, I'll post more once I've seen it.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 07:13 
True fan
True fan

Our Man is one of the great spy spoofs and miles ahead of the sequel which is quite brainless. I saw them as a kid on cable and was forever wowed by Coburn's coolness. The DVDs are much better visually and the limited BDs were 1080p bumps of these.
Best is the now forgotten spoof-satire THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST which is some kind of masterpiece.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 20:03 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

About to go see the stage production of this at The Papermill Playhouse, so figured I should catch up with this title . . .

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2015, 05:56 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good evening Guys,

I genuinely hope that everyone here are looking after themselves and the ones they love

Saturday evening 28th March until the early hours of Sunday 29th breezy morning, I spent watching with a glass of red wine the following titles:

''Oh before that whilst on facebook: Laserbite34 corresponded with myself ........boy can that man write, he truly has a passion for picture quality and sound.........Hey Andy! Thanks for being in touch your alright, for you have an eye for detail and a heart to notice the wonderful things in nature, your Cat and the Trees..........No kidding I love you man.

1) LASERDISC DTS VERSION OF TRUE LIES.
2) LASERDISC SURROUND SOUND OF ''THE EAGLES'' ....HELL FREEZES OVER.

3) This coming week by Wednesday 01st I shall take hold of the Blu-Ray Release of ''THE HOBBIT'' BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES 5 DISC COLLECTORS EDITION.
Imported from the USA........Looking forward to that.

4) Get paid this Tuesday 31st and shall then send further funds to France for my Laserdisc order with Mr Santini in Australia, and then I shall order the US Blu-Ray version of ''MR NOLANS ''INTERSTELLAR''..........The movie has flaws and no faith in Jehovah God and his purposes for mankind.

Here's the thing guys we trash this earth ''our home'' and then wish to go to another planet and do the very same, without taking a completely serious look at ourselves and change.........no Truly change, wise up, take in the true education and not the excuse that we receive ...........TO TRULY HUMBLE OURSELVES AND COME TO OUR SENSES FULLY, TO THE FACT THIS EARTH WAS GIVEN TO US TO TURN INTO A PARADISE BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS..........AND IT WILL BE AND THAT'S A FACT BY ALL THOSE WHO COME THROUGH ALL OF THIS.....

Excuse the rant everyone and take good care of yourselves please do that.

Kindest Regards to all of my Friends & neighbors here.

:thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2015, 04:40 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Most movies like to pervert the truth of Jehovah. It's the popular thing to do these days. If you're a Muslim all is well. If you're a Christian then go away and shut up, nobody wants to hear.
Rant over.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2015, 17:03 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

HEARTS AND ARMOUR (1983) so BAD it was GOOD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_and_Armour

CRASH AND BURN (1990) so BAD it was BAD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_and_Burn_%28film%29

both had looked about as good as can really imagine them ever looking on VHS, via this beauty;

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2015, 02:01 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Just arrived today import from USA.

HANGAR 18 (1980)
Mono / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional x73 speakers, just in case my Sooty, happens to be listening. :mrgreen:

Hangar 18 (1980) [ID8618WV]

I've been after this one for a few years. I have watched it for past 3 or so years for nearly around close to 8,000 times, more than STAR WARS '77. :lol: Yes I'm addicted to this obscure cult-sci-fi, about ALIEN encounters with government cover-up conspiracy.

Picture Wow another nice one from Image Entertainment. Its got a nice raw/gritty film like look with Onkyo TX-SR875 1080p upscale.

The colour I have reduced down to give a human natural like skin tone. As for the two ALIENS in the film "They're dead, Jim". :mrgreen:

There are chapters on the Laserdisc thou not listed on the back cover so nice its complete with chapter stops.

^Camera had bit trouble adjusting for what my eye was seeing and tried taking picture 3 times and then had to call it day and settle one what it can capture.

The sound mono mix is better than what I been listening to on youtube as I did side-by-side comparison with one scene and the Laserdisc won. :thumbup: PCM and analog are punchy warm sounding not toppy like the few many youtube ones.

HANGAR 18, comes complete with (reel change over dots)

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 03:55 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Love Hanger 18. Watched it multiple times on cable tv back in the day.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 19:17 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Watched La French on blu ray :thumbup: a film by Cedric Jimenez

Great movie , solid performances. One of this years best so far. Jean Dujardin and Gilles Lellouche are the perfect match. Casting proved to be more than right. Great 70's feel
The setting with this film is superb :clap:

Crime, I love it.

You have to hand it to the French :clap:

A classic in my book
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 03 May 2015, 18:08 
True fan
True fan

elahrairrah wrote:
About to go see the stage production of this at The Papermill Playhouse, so figured I should catch up with this title . . .

This might be one of my favorite LD covers.

PostPosted: 03 May 2015, 18:21 
True fan
True fan

You guys talking about Hanger 18 reminded me of the movie Endangered Species. Watched with a friend a while back. It has its flaws and can be corny at times, but overall it was enjoyable and I liked the plot/storyline of the movie. Almost like an early version of X-Files.

Attachments:
CED.jpg
CED.jpg [ 51.87 KiB | Viewed 4785 times ]

Last edited by ace2184 on 19 Jun 2015, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.

Page 2 of 6 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next